Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
damo wrote:
Rode Ellison DH yesterday, quick question was the trail named the same way Greenland and Iceland were named? ie. the exact opposite description of what the trail is like.

Anyway since you have to post your bike to prove you rode here is mine. Sorry about the 26" wheels, aluminum frame, and white forks.

photo

ITS DEf not a dh trail 2 minutes of dh, 45 climbing

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 17:51 Quote
Rode Ellison DH yesterday, quick question was the trail named the same way Greenland and Iceland were named? ie. the exact opposite description of what the trail is like.

Yep, its funny you brought that up. That uphill both ways trail was discussed at the group ride on Thursday.
The running joke is Ellison DH because it is uphill both ways. lol
There was some people at the group ride on Thursday calling it pretty pink instead because of the pink rocks in the area.

Anyway,
Around 20 people at the Hammered Cow/Spankys trail day today. A group of us spent all day buffing out Spankys all the way to the raging creek crossing. Looks like gold. Nice and buff to the creek and quite rideable all the way to the gravel pit/first switchback. After that apparently its still a logging mess. Didn't go down that far.
I'm probably going to have to reverse my stance on upper spanker now. Seems to be wider and more open than I remember it. A lot of the old school rotted out stuff is gone or has a nice route around it now. Might have to take the little bike up there and start riding it again. Note, I say little bike. Too many pedally bits in the middle to be a big bike trail IMO.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:01 Quote
BTW.
26" aluminum bikes with coil shocks are still accepted up in here.
Its not all carbon, 27.5 wheels and white forks... yet.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
BTW.

insufficient hipster
no care

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:17 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
BTW.

insufficient hipster
no care

Insufficient hipster.
I pictured an error message on a computer when I read it.
Made me chuckle.

Hipster is not impressed.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://ethansaustin.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/mens-hipster-1024x1024.jpg

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:22 Quote
hipster script timeout error
insufficient hipster
must be Windows laptop?
installing unhipster.exe

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 19:36 Quote
damo wrote:

Anyway since you have to post your bike to prove you rode here is mine. Sorry about the 26" wheels, aluminum frame, and white forks.

photo

Nice ride!

Funny how everyone takes a break at that same big rock ...

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 19:43 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Yep, its funny you brought that up. That uphill both ways trail was discussed at the group ride on Thursday.
There was some people at the group ride on Thursday calling it pretty pink instead because of the pink rocks in the area.

I reckon it's called Ellison DH because technically it IS downhill. The only problem is that you have to ride UP the downhill.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
neptuak wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

I reckon it's called Ellison DH because technically it IS downhill. The only problem is that you have to ride UP the downhill.

Just re-pee-ten what I heard. People talk.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 16:40 Quote

Yeah, that's going to be tough to walk off ... Typical McGarry. Notice all the people rushing to his aid when he does finally come to rest face down.

Stupid event, IMO - what merit does riding down a bunch of stairs really have?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2015 at 18:58 Quote
neptuak wrote:

Yeah, that's going to be tough to walk off ... Typical McGarry. Notice all the people rushing to his aid when he does finally come to rest face down.

Dude thats so enduro.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
neptuak wrote:

sponsored by Cheetos
not having to get a real job
living out of a van/Ford Ranger
superbro cred
posse of swooning 13 year olds
$150 prize money
free noodles for life
sponsored plaid shirts
some greasy after-event dirtbag tail
a huge personal medical bill
lifetime of debts

win!!!

not much to show for crippling yourself for life

but, superbro!

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 21:25 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
neptuak wrote:

sponsored by Cheetos
not having to get a real job
living out of a van/Ford Ranger
superbro cred
posse of swooning 13 year olds
$150 prize money
free noodles for life
sponsored plaid shirts
some greasy after-event dirtbag tail
a huge personal medical bill
lifetime of debts

win!!!

not much to show for crippling yourself for life

but, superbro!

Yup. Definitely something for his kids to look up to. Oh, wait. No kids for him after that huck to flat. Probably a good thing too. That hair has to end right there.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 21:33 Quote
Damn if you do and damn if you don't on this forum

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024294
Mobile Version of Website