Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: May 27, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
Great ride tonight.
I've never been down Dagamal but I am definitely a fan. The new trail after it is still soft but flows pretty good already. It saw a lot of traffic tonight so it should pack in quick. And I tweaked my groin on Spanky's while making a save on the slippery roots. Good times in the woods. Big thanks to all the trail builders on the new stuff and the peeps that cleared off the remaining trees down low on the Spanker. Beer

Posted: May 28, 2015 at 12:54 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
You guys can lay down all the big wheels & Unicorn ridong a unicycle hate in the world... But the facts are once you go big wheels, you will never go back period. Give it a solid week on big wheels, then go back and try 26"... 26 feels twitchy, Pinner, rough, less planted, climbs noticeably worse. XB is riding his 26" backup bike as his Debonair shock is sent away again (junk) and the old 26" bike which used to feel sweet and nimble just feels twitchy and sketch, its crazy the difference in speed and flow XB was missing. 26" is dead, XB sees zero reason in ever going back unless you enjoy riding Pinner, twitchy, rough garbage.

Its a poor craftsman that blames his tools.

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 19:35 Quote
Its a little quiet in here right now.
Anyone interested in some SoS/Baconator laps in Noble tomorrow? Get the DH rust off in time for the chairlift to open in a few weeks?
I've got one tree to cut out of SoS tomorrow morning but could be game for some laps after.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2015 at 19:40 Quote
Can't wait for opening weekend at silly-star... Even if it's just drinking espresso at bugaboo after face planting 100ft into the first lap!

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 21:48 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Anyone interested in some SoS/Baconator laps in Noble tomorrow? Get the DH rust off in time for the chairlift to open in a few weeks?
I've got one tree to cut out of SoS tomorrow morning but could be game for some laps after.

Can't Im working. I maybe into some an big friady d run though.

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 22:13 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

No worries it was late notice. Going out to cut a downed tree out thought someone might want to do a lap or two after.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

No worries it was late notice. Going out to cut a downed tree out thought someone might want to do a lap or two after.

Bring your 26" junker aluminum tank and just ride up after homie... Get your tree cleared, get the exercise/cardio of the ride up and gt to rip it down on the 26-6x6 which is arguably too much bike for the trails around here anyways... Vernon is then land of dumbed down trails for noobs and girls, there is no tech in Vernon period. 145mm 27.5 xc bike is all u need for Vernon, anymore your a talentless hack who is too lazy to steer around the odd boulder.

Oooh don't worry folks, XB doesn't just speak out of ass.... If local bike political leaders get there way, all trails in the area will be getting dumbed down by the likes of 36DD, Fraidy, etc... Its all going full nooob, tourist based. You got beef? Email your local B.C.B.M. ( bike club board member) .... Pm xb he has tons of emails for you...

They tried to down grade Deeez Nuts, XB fought back! The gnar chunder stays, armour must go in but gnar factor stays... Fight the power! Noobs can stay on Gingerly keep dub black Gnar death no ride around lines in Vernon!!!!

X-Builder

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
because enduro
because rocks and roots are your enemy
must dumb down

O+
Posted: May 30, 2015 at 12:20 Quote
No more flow hard pack trails!!!!!!!!

We need steep, rocky, rooty tech trails!!!!!!

Well done XB fight the power, Deez Nuts is a great trail as is. Maybe needs a new trail above it of equal techy glory call it "ball scratcher"

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 13:15 Quote
Another great innovation in mountain biking. Check this out!

https://singletrackworld.com/2015/05/now-you-can-strap-your-ipad-to-your-handlebars/

Should be good for capturing those sweet enduro edits ...

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
On another note, did anyone else see the announcement about the disc golf course and bike skills park they're building over on the old Vernon landfill on Pottery road? This isn't the same one that NOCS has been working on, it it? I thought that was going to be out behind Marshall Fields ...

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 17:27 Quote
Had me a nice hike today XB. Tree is cut out of Sauce on Side, she's all ready for rubber again. Shall we try again tomorrow?
Anybody interested in some fast flowy rooty DH? I have a NSR-4 and room for three more in the SUV.
If not I'm going to go out and cut down the last of the old wood features at the bottom of the Baconator before the switchbacks. One already collapsed when Fast Eddy walked on it on the trail day. Might as well get rid of that danger and see if a nice series of dirt jumps will work down that hill. Maybe try and use the existing landings already there at some point.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 17:34 Quote
neptuak wrote:
On another note, did anyone else see the announcement about the disc golf course and bike skills park they're building over on the old Vernon landfill on Pottery road? This isn't the same one that NOCS has been working on, it it? I thought that was going to be out behind Marshall Fields ...

Humm... not sure what the deal is. I believe NOCS was told they could put one there originally but opted not to use that site. Something about kids playing under the power lines. Also no water at that location to maintain dirt jumps. At the AGM it was announced a spot out at the back of Marshall Fields by Lakers clubhouse was the place. Grassy dirt pile land not being used and a creek right beside it to maintain dirt jumps. Would be ideal IMO. Who knows what's going on now.

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 18:00 Quote
Shred,

full drone mode, got me some gardening jihad

dropping drones on landscaping projects

BOOM - shits getting done, SON

too hot to mountain cycle

not too hot to do gardening, landscaping and yard work

work
beer
repeat

$ goes into bricks and mortar investment
good ROI
no brainer

spending money on overpriced MTB nonsense

is like buying snake oil
or used bridges for cheap

Gnar_Kijijii_bridges4sale

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 18:34 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
Shred,

full drone mode, got me some gardening jihad

dropping drones on landscaping projects

BOOM - shits getting done, SON

too hot to mountain cycle

not too hot to do gardening, landscaping and yard work

work
beer
repeat

$ goes into bricks and mortar investment
good ROI
no brainer

spending money on overpriced MTB nonsense

is like buying snake oil
or used bridges for cheap

Gnar_Kijijii_bridges4sale

So I take it you're out. Lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014351
Mobile Version of Website