Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 11:26 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Have to work on another project first.

I sincerely hope it's pulling weeds in that back yard

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 11:48 Quote
Loved the rant, nice pshycho-babble, you even included the pearly gates.

SOS, best XC trail in Vernon right now! Love it, 5" bike destroys it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 12:58 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Loved the rant, nice pshycho-babble, you even included the pearly gates.

pearly gates, Valhalla, whatever you believe in man. all good

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 20:38 Quote
SOS, best XC trail in Vernon right now! Love it, 5" bike destroys it.

Well I guess you changed your mind since page 572.
Your words...

"Ride was dope. 9 ppl came out. 8 k ride up took less than hour was pretty mellow. SOS was way more DH than expected.... Lots of fun sustained DH, couple gnar bits, everyone loved it... The 2 trails together make a great ride... 2 hour ride up/down if you take your time. Nice ride. SOS is much better to ride than walk, it had really good flow. I'm sure a bunch of the dudes will be back and the Wednesday night ride will be out there again... Get your pedal on. 6 deg cooler in Canyon than town, prob 8-10 deg cooler @ top of road climb, good times. XBs best ride of 2015 so far..."

Sauce trail is like Google. Its the one that everyone can use XB.
By all means you are welcome to go build a double black/giant gap trail anytime you like. You can name it 46 and 2 after the Tool song.
Why 46 and 2?
It will be 46 seconds long and abandoned within two years because 1 out of 10 riders can use it.
Oooooh... fighting words homie.
Whip

Just f-in with you XB.
Reality is you have built some great big hit lines out there in the past XB. The problem is those big hit lines tend to die a premature death because people won't come out and help you maintain what they can't ride. There's nothing worse for a less skilled rider than going out to a trail area and riding ride-a-rounds all day because the main line is too big. They loose interest fast and don't come back.
The flip side to that is also true. If you build an accessible for all levels of rider trail and don't add some more advanced saucy bits on the side later the advanced rider will get bored fast and move on as well.
So whats the solution?
Two ways.
You can go the bike park route and build different level trails for each rider. But that's not realistic when we are talking hand built trails with limited time and resources.
Or...
Change the way we think about how we build trail areas. Build a good fun line for all on the main line and put the nasty big feature stuff on the side for the advanced rider. Sauce on Side if you will.
This will ensure everybody at any skill level has something to ride on every lap. It keeps everyone coming to the party, interested and engaged. That way no trail dies.
SoS will get the bigger stuff for the advanced rider braided on the side at a later date. Baconator already has that something for everyone feel. Like Martha says... its a good thing.

I keep telling VJ to think about the above on his new line. He shouldn't get caught up in building a nasty fall line all the way down trail for advanced riders only.
Definitely make sure the nasty pucker up advanced parts are there (Don't go the other way and stop building them at all. That's a discussion for another time) but make sure the main line is good and interesting for the guy who is an intermediate ride as well.
Bring all riders to the table on every lap. This will keep all engaged and trail areas from rotting away and dying.

If not DH will continue to die and we will all be endruo-ing easy trails.
Nobody wants to enduro all of time.

PS- Long post, suck it up and love it. Razz

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 21:53 Quote
If this is the respect given to someone who just spent a year of their life putting in a trail gets in Vernon no wonder there is not a lot of them. It makes me seriously reconsider even bothering.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 21:59 Quote
No expert, it's just common sense. Thought about all of this back in 2013 when things got started. Long before any trail course.
Just my view on it all. People can still do whatever they want.

Sauce on Side... If you're not into it, don't ride.
Now or after it gets blown out.
Thats your choice.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
If this is the respect given to someone who just spent a year of their life putting in a trail gets in Vernon no wonder there is not a lot of them. It makes me seriously reconsider even bothering.

XB spent a lot more than a year of building for his stuff to get hated on... Shred started hurling turds on here... Apologize Shred and we will call a truce again.

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 22:58 Quote
Ahh timbit, that brings back some memories! Bonus points for digging a dirt hole in the gap.

Got me reminiscing about old time riding now... It was sure different back then. More of the technically difficult trail/sessioning features, less of the smashing laps as fast as possible... Though maybe that was because bikes weren't as capable back then? Berms and jumps are in.. but that's fine, I'll just keep riding fall line trails.

Two bags of chips drop circa 2009? Wish I had taken more pictures back then.
photo

Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

XB spent a lot more than a year of building for his stuff to get hated on... Shred started hurling turds on here... Apologize Shred and we will call a truce again.

No one hates any of your stuff. You need to learn how to read whats written.
I asked you to go back and read what I said but I guess its too much for you to read yet again.
Which brings us to this.
Unlike you I will not say I like something a few pages back then sh*t on it a few days later.
That just makes you a two faced ass.
Oh and here is my apology... I'm sorry you feel you need to be a dick.
Except that turd.
Its my gift to you.

Sorry everyone, I know...

photo

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
ShredJaffa you build trails
why worry what others think?

worse, you could be a slob
not building trails (Gnar_lazy)

you think back when people were building drops as big as a house they cared what any intermediate rider thought? big no

so now the sport has inverted itself
people are scared of 6" diameter roots, steeps, gnar chunder, and 8" drops
all nasty
all tech is bad
waahduro

build trail,
worry less

excess MTB drama, yes FAKT

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 5:49 Quote
Wow Shred you went there, now your just hurling bad words, insults,and being generally hurtfull. You brought the drama son...

Keep it up and XB will go to the BC Back country ministry of trail services and take custody of SOS on the basis of being generally hurtfull. When XB gets your child first thing he'd do is a legal name change to SOTS... Poor kid is getting picked on with a name like that.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 6:07 Quote
Please take down your post and apologize to the whole thread. You can't just go around name calling and swearing @ e-figures.

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 6:42 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Please take down your post and apologize to the whole thread. You can't just go around name calling and swearing @ e-figures.

why not XBothered?

people have been doing it on Pinkbike for years.....why change now?

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 8:30 Quote
You brought it on with your actions XB.
We can talk about it next time I see you.
I'm done with it here.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019868
Mobile Version of Website