Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 17:58 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
That loop is huge they did, that's a 4-5 hour ride for a fit rider... 6 hours for the DH bro-sifs on here with shuttle. Musta been some fit dudes embracing the grind.

I logged 7 hrs
winning

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:24 Quote
On a completely random note, please watch this informative video about the dangers of something I hear a lot about on here.

Hey, it's as relevant as some of the sh*t we go on about!

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:44 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
skinny is freeride

no need to shout anything

just tweak your waxed hipster freeride moustache as you ride along

nobody will be near you if you are riding teh skinny on a dead rotten trail

There were three guys sitting on the 3 curve wall ride at the start of LTG trying to get a rad selfie of their brodown experience. Not sure if they actually rode the trail, I just scattered them like pigeons and kept riding...

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:45 Quote
neptuak wrote:
On a completely random note, please watch this informative video about the dangers of something I hear a lot about on here.

Not really a problem any more for this group.... based our age/sex demographic, we should be more worried about prostate cancer and heart disease.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:46 Quote
freerydscott wrote:

There were three guys sitting on the 3 curve wall ride at the start of LTG trying to get a rad selfie of their brodown experience. Not sure if they actually rode the trail, I just scattered them like pigeons and kept riding...

SON,

you are the rebel spirit of freeride

RIDE/on

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
]we should be more worried about prostate cancer and heart disease.

obesity
stress
depression
marginalization
social exclusion
suicide

man stuff that men don't talk about

cuz men

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 20:51 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
gnarbar wrote:
skinny is freeride

no need to shout anything

just tweak your waxed hipster freeride moustache as you ride along

nobody will be near you if you are riding teh skinny on a dead rotten trail

Now that the action cams are gone, its even harder to get a super rad shot of your self, all decked out in a visor-less lid upon your rental bike.

I hope you yelled STRAVA! atthe top of your lungs as you crept past.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 21:39 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
neptuak wrote:

Not really a problem any more for this group.... based our age/sex demographic, we should be more worried about prostate cancer and heart disease.

Spoken like a true Paranoid Murse, live and let live bruh

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 21:44 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
neptuak wrote:

Spoken like a true Paranoid Murse, live and let live bruh

Or...

Spoken like a bro on the downward curve of radness.... don't fight it XB. Embrace.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 21:53 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
I just received word the August 6th Noble Canyon ride is being moved to the SoS/Baconator side of the canyon.
Wise choice.
Pedal up or shuttle up. Whatever works for you. Swan Lake foods are the sponsor. Member or non-member does not really matter to me personally but it is a NOCS ride. My thoughts, all are welcome over on the darkside of the valley. Lets see if we can get all the people who talk too much on here out for ride.
I have a NSR-4 and room for three in the SUV on the way up.

You can thank XB for the whole "slap in the face speech" he delivered to NOCS brass...

X-650-B riding up of course... If you gotta shuttle up Nobles your a p#ssy! Str8 up. It's a easy 45 min Climb, breezy, spinny, entry level climb. Man up, pedal up.

You can pedal up and ride down once. I'll shuttle up and do 3-4 laps. Whatever works for the people.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 22:12 Quote
XB will still ride more in a night, XB 2 laps, 2.75 hours... You sit in truck most of the night 20 minutes riding... XB chooses riding on ride night, not sitting in a truck.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 22:25 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
XB will still ride more in a night, XB 2 laps, 2.75 hours... You sit in truck most of the night 20 minutes riding... XB chooses riding on ride night, not sitting in a truck.

Whatever works for you. Have at her.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 22:31 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:

Now that the action cams are gone, its even harder to get a super rad shot of your self, all decked out in a visor-less lid upon your rental bike.

Didn't yell strava, was worried they would want to compare times from their last ride and I'da had to release my antisocial rage...

Have actually heard a lot of people complaining about the cameras not being there this year. Was a cool thing to have, but I'm not sure how many people skipped a bag of Cheetos to actually buy a pic or two.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 22:52 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Whatever works for you. Have at her.

2.75 hrs is including stops for bong tokes and OK Springs beer chuggs. XB can crush two laps of SOS/ Bac in 2 hours, easy.

Ditto, float your boat bro.

Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 23:23 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Didn't yell strava, was worried they would want to compare times from their last ride and I'da had to release my antisocial rage...

Have actually heard a lot of people complaining about the cameras not being there this year. Was a cool thing to have, but I'm not sure how many people skipped a bag of Cheetos to actually buy a pic or two.

I think they could have picked better camera placements... and as much as do (truly) miss checking out my steeze on the Rockstar 3 pack and that lame superstar berm.... there was no way I was shelling out cash... Then again, its not really about you or me ... it about the family driving in from High River, staying at the bulldog, renting bikes and running in the foam fest.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020407
Mobile Version of Website