Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 28, 2015 at 23:26 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
ridayobike wrote:
XB will still ride more in a night, XB 2 laps, 2.75 hours... You sit in truck most of the night 20 minutes riding... XB chooses riding on ride night, not sitting in a truck.

Whatever works for you. Have at her.

2.75 hrs is including stops for bong tokes and OK Springs beer chuggs. XB can crush two laps of SOS/ Bac in 2 hours, easy.

Ditto, float your boat bro.

Bong tokes and beer chugs?

Challenge accepted!

Finally, something I can beat XB at.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 8:17 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
freerydscott wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Now that the action cams are gone, its even harder to get a super rad shot of your self, all decked out in a visor-less lid upon your rental bike.

I hope you yelled STRAVA! atthe top of your lungs as you crept past.

Didn't yell strava, was worried they would want to compare times from their last ride and I'da had to release my antisocial rage...

Have actually heard a lot of people complaining about the cameras not being there this year. Was a cool thing to have, but I'm not sure how many people skipped a bag of Cheetos to actually buy a pic or two.

I think they could have picked better camera placements... and as much as do (truly) miss checking out my steeze on the Rockstar 3 pack and that lame superstar berm.... there was no way I was shelling out cash... Then again, its not really about you or me ... it about the family driving in from High River, staying at the bulldog, renting bikes and running in the foam fest.
thats why the business model failed. no effort for placements. extremely high pricing. the dude even came on PB on the ss thread a couple years ago asking for suggestions. He didn't do a thing anyone suggested. ie. lower prices/allow purchases in multiples for a reduced price. move cameras around. now look where he is haha probably at the pawnshop trying to sell the action camz

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
phones have really good cameras these days and you can poseur wherever you want

on a wall ride, on a stunt, on top of a jump, backside of a jump (preferably blind sided), in the middle of a fast section of trail. ANYWHERE!!!

maybe SS wanted 97% of the profit. ouch

who'd a thought a business model would fail?

you should go out and buy a phone with a built in camera NOW! I think you can buy them in Vernon. but might have to put white sunglasses on and drive to Bestbuy Kelowna

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
phones have really good cameras these days and you can poseur wherever you want

on a wall ride, on a stunt, on top of a jump, backside of a jump (preferably blind sided), in the middle of a fast section of trail. ANYWHERE!!!

maybe SS wanted 97% of the profit. ouch

who'd a thought a business model would fail?

you should go out and buy a phone with a built in camera NOW! I think you can buy them in Vernon. but might have to put white sunglasses on and drive to Bestbuy Kelowna
yah but it's pretty shitty having to stop and get someone to take action photos of you. I'd rather just ride. It was convenient. They had that going for them at least. Man, I could use some new shades. My 4 year old black Ryder sunglasses are scratched to shit

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 9:59 Quote
see homepage
zone off all dread and horror
new Oakleys
you buy NOW
much kool

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
gnarbar wrote:
see homepage
zone off all dread and horror
new Oakleys
you buy NOW
much kool
nah.

Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
Wait till the end of the season at SS, all items at large discounts inluding Oakleys. Such win, so savings...

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2015 at 8:06 Quote
I've bought pictures of myself and my kid on each of our annual silver star trips.

Got a good one one both of us going through the ltg wall rides.

To bad they could not make it work.

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
makripper wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:

Does your buddy also have a Lapierre Overvolt? Saw a photog on one under the chair. Probably the coolest thing I saw all day ... and a fantastic application for that bike.
he usually gets rockies. He's a skinny medium height fella. I'll ask if he got a new ride.

Edit: Todd would never ride a e bike

Ebikes are a weird lot .... but this one is probably the coolest one going.... If i had an extra 5 grand floating around, and I already had a yacht, a giant pile of cocaine and the obligatory party girls, I would totally get an Overvolt ....besides, Its the only way I could keep up with XB.

That being said... if I had the life style described above, I would need it just to keep up with VernonJeff.
My photog buddy came to penticton following the race, we had some beers after one of the legs. he's gota good gig. they pay for him to take pics and bike around all day. He told me about one of other photogs, you may have heard of him? John Gibson aka gibby. it's lappiere gave him the ebike to try out lol

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 17:23 Quote
Name dropping like a boss. Gibby is your homie?

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
paid in Cheetos
live the dream

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
Well, this is going to shake things up ...

Big, risky move by Trek. Bound to alienate their dealers.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Trek-To-Start-Selling-Bicycles-Online,895

Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 19:49 Quote
Beat XB to stir the pot on this one... Saw this over this am's Ovaltine and Nutella. How would you like to wake up to a 20% pay cut tomorrow am? Bike companies all selling out hard! XB seriously contemplating buying Turner, str8 up...last company still made in America... Even though I think they even might be selling direct online too.

Check it out, Turner Burner v3.1 Google it, dope ride.

Don't feel bad:Trek is getting larger margins and increased sales, at the expense of the working man. Bend over boys, take it dry... Time to start supporting small hard working bike companies that give back to the industry.

XB = No Sale.

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 20:30 Quote
"they" imply it will bring repeat business from parts fail, servicing, and no doubt warranty from broken enduro's and "waah my e-bike size is wrong" wailing and tooth gnashing

"they" have a point. LBS need every foot traffic they can get these days. who's going into an LBS tomorrow? nobody to buy last years half price hoodies in XS or XXXL, gross t-shirts, or jerseys you can see from Mars

big industry fail in a failing industry that will crumble once the endurofad fades away

cash in now, Trek

reinvest funds in unobtanium uphill freeride unicycles made in Vietnam

Posted: Aug 4, 2015 at 22:48 Quote
neptuak wrote:
Well, this is going to shake things up ...

Big, risky move by Trek. Bound to alienate their dealers.

http://www.vitalmtb.com/news/news/Trek-To-Start-Selling-Bicycles-Online,895

Thoughts?

Pft... no big deal. You just get to order it online... dealer still assembles and hands it over to the customer.

Bike shops would be stoked. They cant stock every single product, and every single bike shop I have ever been to seems to really suck at ordering in product.

Shop needs less inventory, less overhead, retains customer for service, and still profits off the sale.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017465
Mobile Version of Website