Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 21:53 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Agreed about something new needed in there. Drop off the northwest high point of Raven loop and zig zag back and forth west to the parking lot. Plenty of unused space in there for another down run trail like RPM.
Keep in mind that trail over from Predator should be going in next year. And I know Markeed has a few new routes planned up higher on crown land if approval goes through. Would be nice additions.

That sounds interesting. more ellison routes Big Grin

I always wondered what the deal was with that narrow little band between the park and pred ridge.... I figured It was ALR, but never knew who owned it. Crown land ya say, thats top shelf

Not 100% sure it's crown land but I know whatever the process is it's being worked on. Hope the ok is given.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:11 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
The real question now, what will the new trails be named?

My guess is it will be something along the lines of "Blisters Sisters Sister" or "RPM Again" ....awh heck, they will probably just call the new trail "Typical Situation (New Section)" and call it a day.

why not somethign new like Typical Again or RPM's sister?

My votes...
Ellisium - Play on Elysium, a state of great happiness.
Driver Down - Golf/Scuba reference since both are done in the area.
Rhubarb Run - Reference to golf balls being hit out of bounds into the rhubarb along new MTB trail. (or at MTB riders)

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:35 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
The real question now, what will the new trails be named?

My guess is it will be something along the lines of "Blisters Sisters Sister" or "RPM Again" ....awh heck, they will probably just call the new trail "Typical Situation (New Section)" and call it a day.

why not somethign new like Typical Again or RPM's sister?

My votes...
Ellisium - Play on Elysium, a state of great happiness.
Driver Down - Golf/Scuba reference since both are done in the area.
Rhubarb Run - Reference to golf balls being hit out of bounds into the rhubarb along new MTB trail. (or at MTB riders)

The abode of the Blessed, in the lower world.

Should play well with Predator Ridge membership holders.

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:38 Quote
]

Pred already has epic MTB. #22 on their bucket list.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 6:27 Quote
There is one pocket of Park land still in Ellison left not built on .... Kind of top left/ middle corner. If you look at a trail sign near the top of RPM there is an entire right angled triangle not built on... It would be the perfect steep gnar fall line trail from the top of the park. It would need a grinder of an up track to access. This would of course be named " The Shaft" it would flow directly into "Deez Nutz" into " Yo-Chin" ... Then a swoopy jump trail back to the parking lot called " "Slurping up the Gravy"...

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
Page 666 of the VRT!!!! Embrace.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 18:58 Quote
ridayobike wrote:

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 19:03 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

Somewhat fuzzy flashbacks to my misspent youth ...

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
... aaaand Iron Maiden kills this thread.

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 21:11 Quote
neptuak wrote:

Na, ski/board season...happens every year. See you guys next spring.

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 21:55 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
neptuak wrote:

Na, ski/board season...happens every year. See you guys next spring.

No one even rides bike on this forum .... so that cant be it.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.giphy.com/media/6bFDNHndvrYKQ/giphy.gif

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 22:16 Quote
Dude its -12 w/ snow, ice everywhere.... Give up, the jig is up... Done deal, move on more to life than Janky Yetis with some Thomson bits bolted to it, to make it slightly relevant. Focus on saving lives #People Matter, bikes are 4 kids.

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Dude its -12 w/ snow, ice everywhere.... Give up, the jig is up... Done deal, move on more to life than Janky Yetis with some Thomson bits bolted to it, to make it slightly relevant. Focus on saving lives #People Matter, bikes are 4 kids.

My deep rooted passion for the Wu-Tang Clan and Segways does not wane when the wind blows below zero.

So I fail to see why you can't shit post just because its cold out.

Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 6:51 Quote
I got a question 4 you Yeti Rider... : If Rick Ross or which ever rapper above you idolize...: is constantly sypping that syzurp, XB means constantly drinking that purple drank, making him beastin' 25/8 ... Would that medicate him and get him leaning to the point where it would negate all could symptoms and he would never know if he ever did catch a common cold? If so a life str8 swerving sounds not that bad, Rick Ross possibly is the Boss of Boss's, top hoss.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
ridayobike wrote:

My deep rooted passion for the Wu-Tang Clan and Segways does not wane when the wind blows below zero.

So I fail to see why you can't shit post just because its cold out.

HECK YEA WUTANG!

But all you cheetos munchers... go ride. It's only cold weather. Back a few years ago I would suit up and ride my bike in -45C when I had to commute to work while living in Winterpeg. No such thing as bad riding conditions, just bad clothing and gear choices.

Maybe y'all need to get fat and embrace the 4" tire instead of the 4" gain on your waist from eating cheetos and watching Peaty videos as you sob over his retirement announcement.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019705
Mobile Version of Website