Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 16:32 Quote
johnovey wrote:
Cheers.
I'm bummed though, the only carbon I got for Xmas was a lump of coal in my stocking!

My wife is a wonderful woman. She bought me a new Race face / Shimano 1x drivetrain for my bike, plus new XT brakes ... I hear she's also going to get me a new Fox stealth dropper!

Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 16:59 Quote
neptuak wrote:
johnovey wrote:
Cheers.
I'm bummed though, the only carbon I got for Xmas was a lump of coal in my stocking!

My wife is a wonderful woman. She bought me a new Race face / Shimano 1x drivetrain for my bike, plus new XT brakes ... I hear she's also going to get me a new Fox stealth dropper!

Damn, that is a very nice gift. tup

I acquired two new Camelback water bottles, a set of HT AE03 pedals and Santa brought me a 150mm 9 point 8 Fallline dropper. Strange thing is the cost of the dropper is now missing from my own account. Hummm? Wink

Happy Holidays all.

O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2016 at 8:21 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
neptuak wrote:
johnovey wrote:
Cheers.

Damn, that is a very nice gift. tup

I acquired two new Camelback water bottles, a set of HT AE03 pedals and Santa brought me a 150mm 9 point 8 Fallline dropper. Strange thing is the cost of the dropper is now missing from my own account. Hummm? Wink

Happy Holidays all.

what u saying shred santa aint real it's just you? Razz

sounds like u fellas got hooked up by Santa.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
Happy New Year Trolls.

Santa Brought me a truing stand for christmas ... so there goes the theory about having to be good all year.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 at 21:06 Quote
Having a truing stand is great... But knowing how to use it us another story... You are, your, you're my favorite internet personality Crowfoot... Keep it up, see you in the hills, enjoy my 4' deep trenches Baraaaaaap Obama left for you.

#ShortTrack

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
Anyone want to take bets for when ellison is ridable? I started last year Feb 19th (CLAIM).

I haven't been out that way this year, so hard to make an educated guess ... I will say March 2nd for this year.

wishful thinking or late to the party?

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 16:36 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Anyone want to take bets for when ellison is ridable? I started last year Feb 19th (CLAIM).

I haven't been out that way this year, so hard to make an educated guess ... I will say March 2nd for this year.

wishful thinking or late to the party?

Ill take Feb 27 in this pool. Rain is on the way and wind will come with it.

We where on knox last year Feb 22.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 17:12 Quote
we should put beer on the line. I am in for a 6 pack.

Ridable constitutes any condition that allows you to ride your bike. Fatties and Plus size models need not apply.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 18:51 Quote
X-B is full dh again... With the 30 lbs he gained from sledding season he is primed and ready to shuttle f#ck the sh#t out of them there shuttle spots. Lazy dh is the new Enduro...

Actually with Big White, Boulder MTn, and Sun Peaks, X-B is pumped...

26 for life! Still got brand new Wet Screams for this early season trail Breakup... No sense complaining this year from X-B ... He is going to join in the ride too early trail destruction... Just add mud spikes and rain gear...

I'll bet you a 6 pack of Palm-Gheys Crawfish, your drink of choice.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
we should put beer on the line. I am in for a 6 pack.

Ridable constitutes any condition that allows you to ride your bike. Fatties and Plus size models need not apply.

on ellison?

I'm in.

Ps. Went for the new slayer. this year. Full Enduro this year.. 27.5 4 l!f3

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 20:09 Quote
Picture is this afternoon out back in the hills. Dirt at Ellison will still be a bit. I'm calling March 10th for 2.5 tires or less. I have plus HT so I'll be out sooner. Cool

photo

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 22:32 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
X-B is full dh again... With the 30 lbs he gained from sledding season he is primed and ready to shuttle f#ck the sh#t out of them there shuttle spots. Lazy dh is the new Enduro...

Actually with Big White, Boulder MTn, and Sun Peaks, X-B is pumped...

26 for life! Still got brand new Wet Screams for this early season trail Breakup... No sense complaining this year from X-B ... He is going to join in the ride too early trail destruction... Just add mud spikes and rain gear...

I'll bet you a 6 pack of Palm-Gheys Crawfish, your drink of choice.

DH is dead. Ever since you poached that prime frame right out from under me.... You may have just killed my 2017 DH dreams. I was just talking about a f*cking enduro pass.

And the only trail in Ellison that feels the erosive pains of early riding was built by a frame poaching hack ... And I happen to have on good account, straight from the hacks mouth, that the erosive ditch running down the gut of it is actually a character defining trail feature, and should never be re routed.... So, toss them 26" wet screams on, and get to trail building.

I am just going to pout in the corner here, Dreaming about what my DH season could have been.... You revel in that bro , take it all in.... Its all you got. Because I am gonna own that long track ass of yours on any trail that requires more than 5 consecutive pedal strokes.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
Well if rail trail is any indicator, it could be a couple weeks. Rode rail trail last night.. crusty slop! But at least I got out for a ride instead of spinning on the trainer watching NWD on repeat.

Ellison - 2 more week my guess. then we get a week of riding before greasy frost pulls out of the ground which makes it prime rutting season Big Grin WHOOT! gonna dig deep into the trails early spring to ensure we got added grip during the dusty season.

Whats official rules? dry trails? snow free? I've got a 6 of PBR fo all ya hipster loving wannabes.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
All i know is I gotta get a pile of BC riding in before mid july when my wagon heads east to shred the gnarly foothills there. Spring ride plans for smith creek, revelstoke for flow down, 3 blind mice, and south canoe are being made.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 9:15 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
All i know is I gotta get a pile of BC riding in before mid july when my wagon heads east to shred the gnarly foothills there. Spring ride plans for smith creek, revelstoke for flow down, 3 blind mice, and south canoe are being made.

VRT just took a nosedive for the worse, please leave the Sunday School tracks at the Church bro, what the hell was that. We just need the cat memes and this thread is as bad as it ever was.

Crowfoot you will never out pedal X-B, get the most efficient French bike or Rocky with FSR and X-B will out pedal, out perform you on the Glory any daym. Maestro so efficient.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.041962
Mobile Version of Website