Deciding on a park/street frame. suburban park, Maj park, or..suggestions?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deciding on a park/street frame. suburban park, Maj park, or..suggestions?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 4, 2015 at 23:38 Quote
Looking at buying a street/ park frame...and I feel like I need to act fast, because the suburban park is discontinued, so I not sure how long they will be available.... So I need suggestions. Please keep in mind:

I'm counting out the streetsweeper...as this is basically a spare parts-build, and that frame takes an 83mm spindle. I already have about 7-8cranks to choose from, none of which are 83mm, and they're all 2 piece style...not convertible by replacing only the spindle.

Also, all of my hubs/ wheelsets are 135mm x 10mm bolt ons, , but I have a 10mm to 14mm conversion kit. I know it's rare, but 14mm x 135mm rears are a possibility as well... (Yes they do exist, in fact the ns capital is 135mm x 14 iirc.)

Sorry if this is a redundant thread, but j don't feel like adding this to one of the mega threads.

Also keep in mind I'm buying NEW ONLY, so no 'check the buy/sell' responses, please. I already have, and the only ads I'll consider on there are brand new from a shop or brand new from a private seller with no marks in the dropouts whatsoever (you can't put wheels on a frame and ride it with out smudging the paint a little).

I spend way too much time at Joyride to trust anyone's used frame. I would only recommend one to a beginner or someone riding decent, small jumps. As this is a spare build, I want to get a decent frame at least. Also going to be attempting 360drops down staircases, I would rather not worry about my headtube snapping off upon landing.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
Hope I'm not being dense, but what do you mean by an 83mm spindle? Are you talking about bottom bracket shell width? That would normally be 68 or 73mm.

I use a 6" Profile spindle with bmx Profile cranks on my Black Market Mob, which has a 73mm wide bb shell.

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 11:15 Quote
Sorry, I meant that, yes. 83mm BB... shell. width.

None of my bikes thus far have had 83mm, so none of my spare cranks are compatible. I was considering a Black market, but not sure about them...I considered a MOB frame but theyre either discontinued or on back-order... either way, because I need to act fast I'd rather not wait on them while other people snatch all the sub parks... because like I said, Its just subs for 2015- no park or dirt. specific.

Also considered an EDIT 1... but the geo I would end up with wouldnnt be better for me to justify buying from Cali and spending an additional. 200 over what an NS would cost.

This is a spare parts build, after all. 500 canadian is pretty much my self-imposed limit

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007189
Mobile Version of Website