Help: prepping '08 speciailzed pitch for local lift access trails

PB Forum :: Specialized
Help: prepping '08 speciailzed pitch for local lift access trails
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
So a local mountain has announced before the winter that it will be making a lift access mtb park this year. I have a 2008 Specialized Pitch Comp and I am trying to do a couple things to it so I can still ride it as a trail bike for my local trails, as well as take it to the mountain and have it handle itself.

I just ordered a new fork (RS Lyrik), it already has Transition Revolution 32 wheels and Transition hubs, shorter stem, and wider bars.

I'd want to convert it to 2x10 but I'm trying to stick to somewhat of a budget.

What I am really looking for is: some sort of chain guide / chain tensioner. I am worried about chain slap and having the chain fall off from bouncing around so much. I'm not really TOO worried about having a bashguard or anything, really what is most important to me is just to have the chain tensioned.

So what I'm asking is: Does anyone know what would be a good chain guide / chain tensioner that would sill work with my 3x9 setup without any interference while shifting?

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 17:08 Quote
Get a shadow + rear derailleur from shimano, it has a clutch fitted which keeps tension in the chain, I use one on my pitch, check my profile to see.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009727
Mobile Version of Website