P slope or P 3?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
P slope or P 3?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2015 at 9:04 Quote
Hey guys,
I'm currently deciding between the P 3 or the P slope as a new bike. I want to start riding dirt jumps but also want a bike with which I can easily cruise around town or get anywhere I want. I'm leaning towards the P slope atm, because you can also ride harder trails with it. Would be happy for any sorts of help Smile ?

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 at 17:52 Quote
I had a pslope and i sold it for a P3. I loved the bike but in my opinion the P3 feels better when jumping and riding around town. The Pslope os forsure more forgiving when casing or overjumping so if you are farely new to jumping its a great bike. Both of the bikes are amazing so its really personal preference on what you want

Posted: Mar 17, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
I choose the P Slope to have a smoother ride everywhere.

Rode mostly street with it and it is really good at it althyough if you want to ride street for the most part and be really tech a ht will be the better weapon.

Big djs you want this and of course for slopestyle courses.

If you go for small djs you can also use a ht. Do you got a P slope you could try and see if it is your cup of tea?

Posted: Mar 18, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
I started out on an aluminum p2 among other DJ bikes and recently sold a 2014 p26am in lieu of a p.slope. I'm a huge fan of hardtails so if your just getting into it I vote p3. If you plan on only having one bike and would like to dabble in hitting freeride trails as well as DJ then the slope is the way to go. I will say that the slope is a FUN bike and manuals better then any full squish I've ridden.

Posted: Mar 18, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
Your going to be happy with both.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 6:34 Quote
a lot of people don't really need a slope bike, even nic rogatkin used his p3 at rotorua slopestyle and landed on the podium. a hardtail wont pidgeon hole you into just jumps and you can still ride street and park

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
mm0302 wrote:
a lot of people don't really need a slope bike, even nic rogatkin used his p3 at rotorua slopestyle and landed on the podium. a hardtail wont pidgeon hole you into just jumps and you can still ride street and park

That is the fun part with the the p slope you can do street and park with it, if you want a little more comfortable ride, it wont be as good as the ht though, just that you can if you want to and with the little extra softness at the expense of the response of a ht.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 12:27 Quote
What did you end up choosing and how do you like your choice?
I'm in the middle of the same debate. I originally bought a Norco Ryde (cromoly, very intro level) to be sure I liked DJ and I've since outgrown it. Just demoed a p.slope for the weekend and found it to be very fun. It's obvious I've outgrown this entry level steel bike. I'm probably gonna pull the trigger on the slope, but still considering the ht p.3 just b/c it seems like the "right" way to go since I'm not a pro shredder. ... On the other hand I'm used to my FS trail bike and perhaps I just need to go with the slope if FS "feels" good at the bike park...

I'm ripping the pump track, getting faster on slalom and manuallying more consistently every day, not yet jacking huge hits but confidence and skill definitely growing and I'm hopeful for that to come along... Any comments or thoughts on which is more appropriate - HT or FS?

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 10:15 Quote
Hard tail all the way, most of the time you won't need a full suspension. The hard tail is much better on bmx style dirt jumps as well, which is what is around my area. And don't think having a ht will limit you because it won't. It will actually broaden what u right to park and street which is undeniably less effective when using a slope bike. Just my thoughts though.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
P slope all the way!! I own 3 bikes. A banshee legend mk3 26", best downhill/freeride bike I have ever owned, a banshee rune 26", best freeride/endure bike I have ridden, and a specialized P.Slope! The p slope is thebomb.com for sure. It is crazy responsive and it feels like a HT until you case a jump or drop, then u remember that it is a FS. Anyone that says otherwise has not ridden a p slope.
Hope you get your ride! You will love it. ????

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
buy a hardtail and get nice on that first, then a slope bike when you're comfortable riding big stuff on the hardtail and just want to switch it up.

When MTBers come to my trails I can always tell if they learned to jump on a full suspension bike. Usually because they are the ones who can't make it through the legit sets lol

A hardtail shouldn't hold you back at all, especially when you're just learning. I personally feel like the slope bike would detract from your skill acquisition because it will give you bad habits. Go cop that hardtail and have a blast homie.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
impoppawheelie wrote:
buy a hardtail and get nice on that first, then a slope bike when you're comfortable riding big stuff on the hardtail and just want to switch it up.

When MTBers come to my trails I can always tell if they learned to jump on a full suspension bike. Usually because they are the ones who can't make it through the legit sets lol

A hardtail shouldn't hold you back at all, especially when you're just learning. I personally feel like the slope bike would detract from your skill acquisition because it will give you bad habits. Go cop that hardtail and have a blast homie.

have you ridden a p-slope. It's pretty much a hard tail. I am 220 lbs and when I peddle or clear a jump smoothly my suspension does not move an inch. Even going off a curb I would have to force my weight down to make it move. The p slope is a hard tail when you are doing good and when u case or mess up a little the p slopes suspension kicks in and makes it more forgiving. I learned how to DJ on a FS and I am very happy I did. On a HT the bike take all the impact so u are more likely to put heavy amounts of stress on the frame resulting in cracks. The p slope insanely stiff suspension gives u the stiffness of a hard tail with the forgiveness of a full suspension. As I said before, anyone that talks about the p slope as your run of the mill FS has never ridden one because it's not. I suggest taking advice from someone that owns one or has ridden one so the can PROPERLY advise you. I own one and it's the best bike I have ever bought. And it's light as a HT too as mine comes in at 27.5 lbs. But I also have a premium build will all the lightest, strongest slopestyle components money can buy. But none the less if u end up with a p slope u will not regret it.

Posted: Feb 6, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
[/Quote]

have you ridden a p-slope. It's pretty much a hard tail. I am 220 lbs and when I peddle or clear a jump smoothly my suspension does not move an inch. Even going off a curb I would have to force my weight down to make it move. The p slope is a hard tail when you are doing good and when u case or mess up a little the p slopes suspension kicks in and makes it more forgiving. I learned how to DJ on a FS and I am very happy I did. On a HT the bike take all the impact so u are more likely to put heavy amounts of stress on the frame resulting in cracks. The p slope insanely stiff suspension gives u the stiffness of a hard tail with the forgiveness of a full suspension. As I said before, anyone that talks about the p slope as your run of the mill FS has never ridden one because it's not. I suggest taking advice from someone that owns one or has ridden one so the can PROPERLY advise you. I own one and it's the best bike I have ever bought. And it's light as a HT too as mine comes in at 27.5 lbs. But I also have a premium build will all the lightest, strongest slopestyle components money can buy. But none the less if u end up with a p slope u will not regret it.[/Quote]

Lol yes. been working in Specialized shops for years. I actually ride a Morpheus V.slope though, which I´m getting rid of to switch back to a hardtail because I prefer that for riding trails, especially steep, bmx style ones. Dude asked for input. I´m knowledgeable. There´s my knowledge. Check yourself b haha.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012982
Mobile Version of Website