New Tire Setup Help

PB Forum :: 29ers
New Tire Setup Help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 10, 2015 at 7:45 Quote
I've been looking to get a new tire setup for this year. I ride in Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin on everything from rocky steep downhills to flat and flowy hard packed trail. I'd rather have more grip then a faster tire, I do however look to be in quite a few races this year.

Here is the main setup I've been considering:
Front: Schwalbe Hans Dempf
Back: Schwalbe 2015 Nobby Nic

Anyone riding this setup or have a different recommendation?

O+
Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 18:03 Quote
I'm currently running Minion DHRII rear, HR2 front. The Minion is a fantastic rear, much better than the High Roller 2 it replaced in both grip and rolling resistance. HR2 front is fine, but I may switch it for a Minion DHF. Never used Schwalbes so I can't comment (no intention on ever running them either, too expensive and from what I've heard, don't last very long)

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 5:56 Quote
I have only ridden Schwalbe tires the past five years. Over here they are, when ordered online, the most affordable option. The last two years I have ridden the Hans Dampf front and back. In the rear they do not roll very fast, but do offer good traction. I find the braking and cornering of the front one more than adecuate UNTIL the damn side knobs start to tear off at the base, which happens all the time when the tire is quite new. For my next purchase I am considering moving to Maxxis due to the durability issues.

Posted: Apr 15, 2015 at 11:37 Quote
santoman wrote:
I have only ridden Schwalbe tires the past five years. Over here they are, when ordered online, the most affordable option. The last two years I have ridden the Hans Dampf front and back. In the rear they do not roll very fast, but do offer good traction. I find the braking and cornering of the front one more than adecuate UNTIL the damn side knobs start to tear off at the base, which happens all the time when the tire is quite new. For my next purchase I am considering moving to Maxxis due to the durability issues.
Yeah, all my Schwalbe tires have the same cuts on corner knobs, but I haven't lost any yet.
Curious to see if the new NN is any more durable.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009366
Mobile Version of Website