Experience with the "S Card"

PB Forum :: Specialized
Experience with the "S Card"
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 20, 2015 at 17:37 Quote
Hey,
Wondering if anyone has any experience using the same as cash financing that the big S offers. Local shop has a halfway decent deal on a enduro, and I thought it might be a way for me to help build some future credit in the meantime.

And yes, I can very easily afford the payments, and I currently have no debt anyways. I live very much within my means, so its not a factor of not being able to afford it, more to see if it is a huge hassle to deal with them. So please keep the financial advise on thr down-low.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
Keith-Sweat wrote:
Hey,
Wondering if anyone has any experience using the same as cash financing that the big S offers. Local shop has a halfway decent deal on a enduro, and I thought it might be a way for me to help build some future credit in the meantime.

And yes, I can very easily afford the payments, and I currently have no debt anyways. I live very much within my means, so its not a factor of not being able to afford it, more to see if it is a huge hassle to deal with them. So please keep the financial advise on thr down-low.

Gonna be that guy. Don't finance a bike, just don't.

Posted: May 16, 2015 at 4:34 Quote
Only do it if you can pay it off in 11 months, otherwise you will be hit with massive interest.

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 7:12 Quote
Just like any other interest-free financing...as long as you pay it off by the end of the interest-free term, it's great. But for God's sake, MAKE SURE YOU PAY IT OFF in that timeframe. If you are not confident you can, then don't even think about it.

I just recently bought a brand new dishwasher...I could have, and fully intended to, pay in full that day. However, I noticed they were running an 18-month no interest deal, and remembered I could use a new microwave too. So I decided to pick up both and take the no interest deal (also got me $100 off my purchases that day). I paid off the dishwasher when the first bill came, and the microwave when the second bill came, then cancelled the card. It was great. I even made a few bucks in interest from keeping the money for the dishwasher in savings while I waited for the first bill to come. Now next year when I go back for a range and fridge, I can do it all over again if I want.

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
It's not a big deal for me to pay it off, basically planning to pay probably thru the summer and then when winter comes pay it off in full. I had money in savings to purchase a trail bike for a couple months now, but then decided to pay off my truck note instead. And then thought this was an idea that would allow me to have a trail bike for this summer without having to wait.

Anyways, went ahead with my plan, and I am enjoying the bike now.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009075
Mobile Version of Website