Nukeproof Pulse 2014 or Devinci Wilson XP 2014

PB Forum :: Downhill
Nukeproof Pulse 2014 or Devinci Wilson XP 2014
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2015 at 13:31 Quote
Hello all, please help me decide which to get..

I'm looking to buy either a nukeproof pulse comp 2014 or a Devinci Wilson XP 2014. They're priced similarly with the Nukeproof on sale for more than 55% which i hardly believe is true - spec wise they are about the same with the Devinci having an edge on the tires using Schwalbe muddy marys.

Like the nukeproof but wary about getting it serviced since I'm in Canada whereas with the Devinci i can have it sourced through a local bs and get service there.

look forward to your help and comments

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
The devinci, far before! Devinci is a great canadian conpany, and if you do live in quebec, you can even bring your bike to the factory, in saguenay, and they will help you. My friend did it and it was a great bike

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 at 16:31 Quote
Unless you are doing a lot of your own work, get the Devinci hands down because of the local shop support. Yes, you could take the Nukeproof in and get work done, but the LBS will be familiar with the Wilson and be able to support any warranty issues. Lifetime warranty on frame is also huge and the turnaround time will be shorter than sending a bike to the UK (Which will also cost $$$). Buying a full bike online only makes sense if you are saving a lot of money (in my opinion).

In summary: Wilson.

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 4:50 Quote
Hi I have no knowledge of the customer support in Canada so can't comment on that.
However bike alone - It seems like price is a driving factor in some of your decision. Personally if the Devinci Wilson is a bit more then I'd recommend spending that bit more and getting a really nice bike that absolutely flies.

My experience with Nukeproofs are they have been a bit clunky although maybe the newer ones are better. I have a Devinci Wilson so might be a little bias but from the first moment I rode it it feels amazing. Sure it took me a day to get confident on it but it is a machine that you can really ride hard. Maybe a little difficult to get in the air and fly but for pure biking I love it.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 22:29 Quote
Thanks everyone bought a devinci wilson xp alu-carbon! Can't wait!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008828
Mobile Version of Website