Demo 8 '13: rear brake engages under compression

PB Forum :: Specialized
Demo 8 '13: rear brake engages under compression
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2015 at 4:31 Quote
Hi,

Have a Demo 8 from 2013. With RockShox Vivid RC2 reat shock and Avid Code brakes. DT EX1750 hubs. Bearings few months in the running, feel solid.

Every time I land hear the rear brake engaging slightly. Checked brake line, checked tightening of the caliper etc. must admit brake pads are running pretty close to the disc. But shouldn't be an issue?

Any one a clue or had something similar?

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
Why don't you remove the shock from the bike, remove the coil from the shock, place the shock without coil back on the bike and cycle the suspension by hand a few times. You may be able to get a look at something you missed without actually riding the bike.

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 4:54 Quote
Thanks. Will try that also as I was already planning to place a softer spring anyway. But maybe already someone encountered the exact same thing Wink

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
kusanagi72 wrote:
Thanks. Will try that also as I was already planning to place a softer spring anyway. But maybe already someone encountered the exact same thing Wink

Did you figure out what was wrong with the bike?

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 22:17 Quote
Shock is out, if I move rear up and down while spinning the back wheel all is fine... No brake rub, brake lines twisting or whatever...

Weird. Will try again this weekend with only shock mounted (no spring)

Posted: May 11, 2015 at 11:20 Quote
Shock in, test, no issue.

Shock+ spring mounted, hit bikepark. Think the issue is gone, or I was mistaken all the time, and that it is cablerub. Because the only thing I had was the shifter cable and rearbrake line rub the tire sometimes when the bike compresses (not on normal hits but only when compressed far in the available range)

Posted: May 14, 2015 at 1:48 Quote
Looking back a few vid's from before changing spring etc. showed the rearbrake was engaging before the jump, you coud hear a small shriekwhile being compressed by the kicker and at the landing.

Now it seems to be gone... weird stuff Wink

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007185
Mobile Version of Website