Banshee Darkside Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Banshee Darkside Thread
Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
codeman189 wrote:
The Darkside pretty poppy off jumps? I'm looking for a new dh bike but I want something more playful. I don't race near as much anymore. Spend most of my time on flowy, jump lines. Has anyone ever felt like they should have gone with more travel? Like the Legend etc..?

I ride a lot of jumps on mine, really like how you can flip the rear dropout and change the geo of the bike. I have mine in the higher BB setting and it jumps awesome, Still plows though tech no problem also.
That's good to know. I've ridden a DHR since 2012 but I don't race that much any more. A few races here and there but mostly enjoy the big jump lines and flow trails now. I still want to be able to race occasionally though. Just looking for the right rig for this season.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 1:23 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
codeman189 wrote:
The Darkside pretty poppy off jumps? I'm looking for a new dh bike but I want something more playful. I don't race near as much anymore. Spend most of my time on flowy, jump lines. Has anyone ever felt like they should have gone with more travel? Like the Legend etc..?

I ride a lot of jumps on mine, really like how you can flip the rear dropout and change the geo of the bike. I have mine in the higher BB setting and it jumps awesome, Still plows though tech no problem also.
That's good to know. I've ridden a DHR since 2012 but I don't race that much any more. A few races here and there but mostly enjoy the big jump lines and flow trails now. I still want to be able to race occasionally though. Just looking for the right rig for this season.
Good choice on the darkside dude you won't be disappointed, plows extremely well and so much faster in 27,5 but no less playfull

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
What's the sizing like on the Dark side. I generally run a medium but you know how frame size can vary. I'm 5'9". Thanks.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
What's the sizing like on the Dark side. I generally run a medium but you know how frame size can vary. I'm 5'9". Thanks.
I think a medium will be fine, I'm 6ft on a large.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 12:17 Quote
only just found this thread. This is my 2015 Darkside with Marz front and bike, custom decals from NLD, Ti spring. Just looking at getting some new pedals.
now with custom fork graphics from NLD

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 12:21 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
only just found this thread. This is my 2015 Darkside with Marz front and bike, custom decals from NLD, Ti spring. Just looking at getting some new pedals.
That's a great looking bike. I've never ridden a Darkside but I'm becoming more and more curious of them. I've been doing my homework, looking for a new ride for this season. I don't race very often anymore. Mostly enjoy my park days on big jumps and berms.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 12:26 Quote
codeman189 wrote:
thedad71 wrote:
That's a great looking bike. I've never ridden a Darkside but I'm becoming more and more curious of them. I've been doing my homework, looking for a new ride for this season. I don't race very often anymore. Mostly enjoy my park days on big jumps and berms.
I bought her for my son who wanted a more playful bike for Morzine, at the minute cant fault the Darkside, really good.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
Trail-killer wrote:
S-nicholas wrote:
Hey so I figured this would be a good place to ask this question. How do you think a dark side would be as a race bike? I want to race but it will be mostly just for fun. However, i still want a playful bike. Do you guys think with the right components spec the dark side could be my go-to race bike?
I'd race it, I'm actually really happy with how well it plows, Ive changed to 27.5 now and it's so bloody fast!
What about weight wise, Im guessing they tend to weigh a bit more than a race platform

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 17:24 Quote
Can anyone tell me the shock size for the Darkside? Looking to build a frame but I don't want the stock CCDBA CS!!

Posted: Feb 12, 2016 at 20:34 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
8.75x2.75
Awesome. Thanks

Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 5:10 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/0e8a7af6f868428926868e442246ac59.jpg

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
Ideate wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160211/0e8a7af6f868428926868e442246ac59.jpg
First off, please no one rage at me for asking this again, but @Ideate are you racing this bike? Do you think it would be a good race bike despite the less rear wheel travel?

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
Served me well all season last year in the Whistler bike park! really happy with it. Bombproof build @17kgs
photo

Posted: Feb 19, 2016 at 7:10 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
Ideate wrote:
First off, please no one rage at me for asking this again, but @Ideate are you racing this bike? Do you think it would be a good race bike despite the less rear wheel travel?

That all depends on the track. You could race this on the majority of tracks here in VIC, Aus without being disadvantaged. I probably wouldn't race a Darkside on the WC circuit though. It's not made for plowing rock gardens at speed (although it can.. just not as fast or stable). I didn't buy the bike to race.. I bought it for fun. Compared to my last Zerode, the Darkside manuals and jumps 100 times better but lacks the square edge, rearward travel, rock garden speed floating feeling.. Which I'm ok with because I get 100 times more satisfaction when I'm in the air or on one wheel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030726
Mobile Version of Website