2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 7, 2015 at 19:00 Quote
Who has ridden it? Is anyone able to provide details on the redesign?

Posted: May 15, 2015 at 7:09 Quote
http://m.pinkbike.com/news/first-ride-2016-specialized-stumpjumper-fsr-2015.html

FL
Posted: May 21, 2015 at 21:00 Quote
I rode one last weekend, I can't say much about it as I only took it for two runs as it was not my demo, all I can say is that it was dope Razz

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 2:54 Quote
Just ordered the base alloy 650b one, really wanted the carbon but they do not do a carbon in XL...... Why specialized are tall people not allowed carbon?!?!

Also the 29er is available in XXL in alloy but only up to a XL in carbon, are the carbon frames not strong enough for the forces taller/bigger riders put on the frames?

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
Keene was riding an xl proto at ews round 2. Ordered a medium carbon expert 650b Razz

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
Rode both the 29 and the 650 last week, alloy Elite models.

Both bikes ride really good, I just felt that the 650 had a bit more "sparK' to it on the rocky / semi tight trails we have here on Sydney's northerns beaches, in which I do 95% of my riding.

Coming from a Remedy Trek, 26 inch I was impressed how the 650 held speed and rolled over stuff no worries, obviously the 29 did this a bit more efficient however I could not come to grips with the unnecessary momentum build on tighter rock gardens. Also the 29er felt a bit harder to throw around and to lift the front wheel for little drops / ledges or sudden direction changes on the front wheel.

A lot of people mention that the difference between the 26 and 650 is minimal however I did notice the difference, I am sure after a few rides I will get used to etc, but there is a difference.

Ended up going back to the shop and ordering the 650 Expert on the Orange colour. Time to change, never had a Specialized.. Will get it late July.

Maybe I will get a 29er in the future, but testing both side by side was a good thing to realise the pros and cons of each wheel size.

The 650 left a stoke feeling I have not had i a long while after a ride.

cheers

J

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 19:19 Quote
I just got my Comp Carbon 650B today...
looking to convert it to 1X right away and I like the idea of the small svelte chainguide that comes on the Expert and other models that are setup stock as 1X.

Anyone know what brand or model it is?
Appears to be ISCG mounted.

Specialized warranty/sales had no idea as its all too early to do parts look up for 2016 models, so that was no help other than "check back in July".

So can anyone with an Elite or Expert (or maybe even one in their local shop), can you help me find out what it is, or snap some pics of it that you can post?
Would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, I believe I answered my own question. It appears to be a Specialized in house branded product and was originally spec'ed on the Enduros last year.
I will have to call SBC back tomorrow and see if they can help me get my hands on one.
...or, if anyone here happens to have one they are looking to unload, lemme know! Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
photo

expert 650b Medium, feels good!

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 19:45 Quote
^ Nice!

...so, I spoke to SBC warranty & tech and they said that stock 1X chainguide will not be available from them directly nor will it be offered in their catalog. Any warranty replacements will be referred to the aftermarket. Dafuq...
He said he was unsure, but Gamut is probably producing them for SBC since they do a lot of team support and prototyping apparently. But the Gamut SXC aftermarket guide appears nothing like that stock guide...

So, to sum it up, no go and that sucks!

Anyway, I found the MRP V3 and just ordered that. Not quite as low key as the factory piece, but it should do.
In the mean time I'll just rip it with no guide.
Might order a Slaughter for the rear, too

Just put on a 50mm stem, Renthal bar, & Dak grips.

Completely stock out of the box with no pedals, my med. Comp Carbon 650B weighed 29# 3oz. on a Park scale.

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 20:06 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
^ Nice!

...so, I spoke to SBC warranty & tech and they said that stock 1X chainguide will not be available from them directly nor will it be offered in their catalog. Any warranty replacements will be referred to the aftermarket. Dafuq...
He said he was unsure, but Gamut is probably producing them for SBC since they do a lot of team support and prototyping apparently. But the Gamut SXC aftermarket guide appears nothing like that stock guide...

So, to sum it up, no go and that sucks!

Anyway, I found the MRP V3 and just ordered that. Not quite as low key as the factory piece, but it should do.
In the mean time I'll just rip it with no guide.
Might order a Slaughter for the rear, too

Just put on a 50mm stem, Renthal bar, & Dak grips.

Completely stock out of the box with no pedals, my med. Comp Carbon 650B weighed 29# 3oz. on a Park scale.

How tall are you? I'm at just under 28 lbs with carbon bars on the expert model.

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 20:22 Quote
Anyone have input on tire pressure for a 27.5 bike with 29mm internal width rims, tubeless 140lb rider? Never had a 27.5 before.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 14:08 Quote
they have a 2015 29 carbon elite medium at my LBS and I want it so bad!! $4899

my vehicle will be paid off in about 11 months, I have to fight the urge to go get that mf'er daily!

my '08 stumpy has got to last me a little while longer!

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 16:00 Quote
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:

my vehicle will be paid off in about 11 months, I have to fight the urge to go get that mf'er daily!

There's no such thing as a carbon elite.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 6:01 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:

yeah it's a bit confusing to me, any idea which model that would be then at $4899?

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:
Meyercord wrote:
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:

yeah it's a bit confusing to me, any idea which model that would be then at $4899?
For a 2015? Maybe the expert, too expensive to be a comp.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.068456
Mobile Version of Website