2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Feb 14, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
olo606 I've recently watched your vids on YT riding your comp carbon. lol

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 16:06 Quote
lol that's me. I'm surprised at how many hits the vid gets.
Just shows how many people are interested in the bike I guess.
I've upgraded the forks since then. I'm now running RS Pikes with a custom sticker kit.

photo

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 16:38 Quote
olo606 wrote:
lol that's me. I'm surprised at how many hits the vid gets.
Just shows how many people are interested in the bike I guess.
I've upgraded the forks since then. I'm now running RS Pikes with a custom sticker kit.

photo

Sweet man, it's looking real nice! Upload more videos and I'll be watching lol. This time of year I live vicariously through others that don't have to deal with cold weather and snow.

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Oh no!!! My 2016 stumpy carbon comp 650b...is getting an horrible clicky sounds coming from my bottom bracket area I think..mainly when I stand up and put the power on .
so I checked all the crank bolts and chain ring those seemed ok ..so it aint those...at first I thought it was my pedlas , so changed to some old pedals I knew were ok..same clicking noise...ive heard rumours that the press fit bb is the problem?
anyone got any simular clicking noise or has any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it...its a pain in the arse and my only gripe with the bike...thanks

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 15:55 Quote
Yeah I have the exact same. I'm pretty confident it'll be the pressfit BB. Think when I can finally be bothered to I'll buy one of the upgraded versions like the Raceface.

Posted: Feb 24, 2016 at 16:43 Quote
luthor wrote:
Oh no!!! My 2016 stumpy carbon comp 650b...is getting an horrible clicky sounds coming from my bottom bracket area I think..mainly when I stand up and put the power on .
so I checked all the crank bolts and chain ring those seemed ok ..so it aint those...at first I thought it was my pedlas , so changed to some old pedals I knew were ok..same clicking noise...ive heard rumours that the press fit bb is the problem?
anyone got any simular clicking noise or has any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it...its a pain in the arse and my only gripe with the bike...thanks

Happened to mine just a month ago and it was killing me. Check the lingkage bolts of chainstay nearrest to the bottom bracket area. It should be on the non drive side then make sure they are tight. Mine was extremely loose. All you need is to tighten them, check all linkage bolts, might as well. If you over tighten them, they will squeak as well. Basically, what I did was to try ans reproduce the sound. Mine only squeaked when I pedal, non-seated. I first suspected the BB. But for BB, I learnt that you can check by moving them side to side with hands in opposing force. It didn't. So BB was out. Then tried all crank, chainring, pedals, saddle, you name it. I've tried. None works. Then I held the left crank with 4 fingers, and align it parallel to the chainstay and placed my thumb on the chainstay to compress them towards each other. I could then reproduce the squeak easily. Lo and behold, I solved it, after two weeks of embarrassement.

I've faced a lot of issues with my stumpy comp 16. Will update here once I've compiled with pictures.

I hope this helps.

Posted: Feb 25, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
Thanks for all your advice guys..ill give them a try
.will post up if i find out whats the problem on mine too ..just to help out.

Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 17:53 Quote
Nah still kak...crunch crunch noises are getting worse wtf..not good after only 2 monrhs of use on a £3000 bike...gunna contact spakilized ...then prob get fobbed off with lots of bullshit...the rest of the bike is mint..love it to bits....still looking for a solution....any more ideas Frown

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2016 at 18:57 Quote
AlaskaMechanic wrote:
For everyone's convenience:

photo
What is the reasoning behind this?

Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
[Quote="snowtrooperjr"]
AlaskaMechanic wrote:

I think it is a potential parts failure, so they replace the part. Like a recall. IMO, it was announced last summer, briefly after the new model was introduced.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
[Quote="Vanguard"]
snowtrooperjr wrote:
AlaskaMechanic wrote:

I think it is a potential parts failure, so they replace the part. Like a recall. IMO, it was announced last summer, briefly after the new model was introduced.
So I take it new ones should already have it installed?

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2016 at 17:19 Quote
Anyone else having trouble fitting a water bottle in the SWAT holder? My water bottle gets up really close to the shock adjustments and I am constantly worried about my bottle rubbing the shock. I have a 20oz polar bottle that's a few years old, I measured it and found it's around 9.5 inches tall just for reference.
Two months on this bike so far and I am absolutely loving my burnt orange expert, will post some pics soon!

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 6:12 Quote
Billjohn6 wrote:
Anyone else having trouble fitting a water bottle in the SWAT holder? My water bottle gets up really close to the shock adjustments and I am constantly worried about my bottle rubbing the shock. I have a 20oz polar bottle that's a few years old, I measured it and found it's around 9.5 inches tall just for reference.
Two months on this bike so far and I am absolutely loving my burnt orange expert, will post some pics soon!

Hey,can't say I've really encountered this. I have a CamelBak Podium 21 OZ that I use in my Comp Carbon.
Its just over 8 inches tall and has a fair amount of room to play.
Sometimes I find putting the bottle back in the holder whilst on the go a little tricky.

Love that orange on the expert keen to see pics.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 6:56 Quote
Billjohn6 wrote:

Im not running into any problems, but i have a L frame and am running a specialized purist bottle. I did find that the fabric bottle doesn't work because the door has a concave shape so the tabs don't stick out enough

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 9:02 Quote
I ran in to the bottle issue when running a very tall bottle. It would hit the shock lever and change the setting when putting the water bottle back in the cage. Just run a shorter bottle and all good :-)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013780
Mobile Version of Website