2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2016 at 20:37 Quote
missing bolt

anybody else have a bolt fall out? i gently snugged the other bolts and will be adding thread lock when i have more time. i recommend you do the same.

Posted: Apr 4, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
Yea I had the same issue with the small screws on the swat bottle cage. I am just going to take one out and go to the hardware store and grab a few more.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
Yes my bolts fell out. I too added loctite

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
b00sh00 wrote:
Yes my bolts fell out. I too added loctite
What size did you replace them with?

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 18:13 Quote
What torque spec are those bolts? I can't find it in the manual, but the other places where bolts go into the frame seem to all be low torque ~ 1 N-m range

Posted: Apr 5, 2016 at 22:17 Quote
To be honest I did trade in my 2006 Stumpy and BMX, I got little over $300. credit towards my bike so it was more like
%45 off, retail. I walked into the shop totally ready to pay full price, but the shop has had this bike for a while and couldn't sell it because no one wanted the orange bike nor did I. But for that discount I would have taken a pink bike like the 2016 Bronson, I was just in the right place at the right time.

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 18:12 Quote
After passing my '09 Trance X1 on to my 14yr old son, I've just ordered a Stumpjumper Expert 650B.

Looking forward to picking it up either later today or tomorrow.

Posted: May 11, 2016 at 16:39 Quote
SpyderNZ wrote:
After passing my '09 Trance X1 on to my 14yr old son, I've just ordered a Stumpjumper Expert 650B.

Get a decent deal on it? Thinking about waiting for next year's model unless they are doing the 2016 at a good price.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
Pennyrisk wrote:
SpyderNZ wrote:

Get a decent deal on it? Thinking about waiting for next year's model unless they are doing the 2016 at a good price.

Yes I think so. I had heard it was the last L in NZ, but not sure on that. Bike is much better than me. Still have some post purchase dissidence about should I have gone 29 or 27.5+.

Still confused about tyre pressures, but have done more riding on it in the past 6 weeks than I did on the old bike in the past 3 years (road bike is sulking).

O+
Posted: May 15, 2016 at 20:09 Quote
photo
Here's the beaut. 29 expert. Swapped the stock wheels out for traverse fatties 30mm internal carbon. Wore through the original tires and am currently riding nobby nics 2.35. Traction is unreal. By far the fastest rocketship of a bike that I have ever ridden!

Posted: Jun 9, 2016 at 19:01 Quote
Just bought a 2016 stumpjumper 650b s-works.
Has anyone had ground clearance issues? i'm finding the pedals are super close to the ground, and seem to hit pretty much everything. It's enough of an issue that i'm thinking of selling the bike....

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 7:51 Quote
ljleeuw wrote:
Just bought a 2016 stumpjumper 650b s-works.
Has anyone had ground clearance issues? i'm finding the pedals are super close to the ground, and seem to hit pretty much everything. It's enough of an issue that i'm thinking of selling the bike....
Sure your sag's set proper? Don't use the autosag, set it to 25% manually. I get guys all the time (doesn't matter the bike) complaining about pedal strikes and then put them on the bike, 40% sag.

Posted: Jun 10, 2016 at 20:39 Quote
I've got mine set at 25% sag, do you know if the enduro has more clearance??

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 7:06 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1933443/

That's the link to the bike i just got. I've got a bb height of 315mm. 4 3/4 inch pedal clearance. seems to be sitting 1 inch to low compared the the stock bikes. Only thing i could think of was the difference in shock length form stock???
it's got a monarch plus rc3 195x51 mm
but with the shock removed and with full travel up there is still only 5.5 inch of pedal clearance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017168
Mobile Version of Website