2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 22:52 Quote
My press fit BB is squeaking but it hasn't gone " Full Enduro" yet, aka unrideable.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 18:05 Quote
Can anyone with an Elite model confirm that the Command Post actuation lever is the newer style that mounts like a front shift lever? Also anyone with pics of their Elite in Hyper/Moto Green? Just ordered one today in 27.5

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 6:37 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
The only drivetrain squeak I've had came from the Xd driver body and has since been replaced under warranty.

i actually think my lbs is getting this part replaced. they called and spoke with specialized. specialized will be sending them a new hub or part, i dont remember the details.

Posted: Sep 1, 2015 at 7:06 Quote
useport80 wrote:
Meyercord wrote:
The only drivetrain squeak I've had came from the Xd driver body and has since been replaced under warranty.

i actually think my lbs is getting this part replaced. they called and spoke with specialized. specialized will be sending them a new hub or part, i dont remember the details.
They replaced my driver. No issues since.

Posted: Sep 16, 2015 at 14:22 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
^ That's good to hear. Quite a hook up from your rep!
While I have limited ride time on the Enduro, I do feel this Stumpy can handle much more above its weight class, and while hanging it out loose, too!

I just received my new shock yoke replacement bolt kit from my LBS for the service bulletin. Haven't had an issue with my original loosening up yet, but better safe than sorry.
Do you remember the torque specs that they gave you with the new yoke setup?

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
Just got my comp carbon a few days ago. The only gripe I have found so far is that it did not actually come with the swat multitool that is so commonly advertised with it. Kinda lame I had to order a 40$ tool when I spent 4k on the bike already. I am coming from a hardrock and the difference in ride quality was so much better than I could of ever imagined.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 18:23 Quote
Meyercord wrote:
bikesatori wrote:
While I have limited ride time on the Enduro, I do feel this Stumpy can handle much more above its weight class, and while hanging it out loose, too!

I just received my new shock yoke replacement bolt kit from my LBS for the service bulletin. Haven't had an issue with my original loosening up yet, but better safe than sorry.

* I'm still having trouble posting photobucket photos to pinkbike... does not function?! Otherwise I'd just post a photo of the included service bulletin instructions.

But, it says:

Shock extension bolt 175 in-lbf (19.8N*m)

Lower shock eye bolt 148 in-lbf (16.7N*m)
Upper shock eye bolt 113 in-lbf (12.8N*m)

Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 14:30 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
Meyercord wrote:
bikesatori wrote:

* I'm still having trouble posting photobucket photos to pinkbike... does not function?! Otherwise I'd just post a photo of the included service bulletin instructions.

But, it says:

Shock extension bolt 175 in-lbf (19.8N*m)

Lower shock eye bolt 148 in-lbf (16.7N*m)
Upper shock eye bolt 113 in-lbf (12.8N*m)

Thank you sir!

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 22, 2015 at 18:38 Quote
bikesatori wrote:

Oh and also, am I the only one here who isn't much of a water bottle user? I don't want a bottle cage.
Are there any plugs for the bottle cage bolt holes in the swat lid? If you leave the cage bolts and grommets in there without a cage they just rattle and won't fully tighten...

You could get a black fabric water bottle. The black knobs wold look clean and stop the bolts from rattling. Plus if you decide to run a bottle then you can do it without needing to swap anything.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 11:37 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
bikesatori wrote:

Oh and also, am I the only one here who isn't much of a water bottle user? I don't want a bottle cage.
Are there any plugs for the bottle cage bolt holes in the swat lid? If you leave the cage bolts and grommets in there without a cage they just rattle and won't fully tighten...

You could get a black fabric water bottle. The black knobs wold look clean and stop the bolts from rattling. Plus if you decide to run a bottle then you can do it without needing to swap anything.

Already installed grommets and plugs into the open holes on the swat lid. Been riding that way for a long while now and it's working out great.

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 13:00 Quote
For everyone's convenience:

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 4, 2015 at 18:45 Quote
I can't decide between a camber and a stump jumper fsr. For +90% of the riding I do everyday, a stumpy would be overkill. But being in MN there is Spirit Mountain a few hours away and I would love to be able to hit the heavy stuff there next summer. I am currently on a 2012 Santa Cruz Blur XC built with 2014 XT. It has 120f/100r travel. I am running a butcher up front and a purgatory in the rear. Would a stumpy 650b be significantly slower? This is my local trail (I ride that a lot faster though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dTkGSZC9o this is the expert line at Spirit Mountain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iEDL4GvS4 Do you guys think that i would be better off with a camber or stumpy?

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 at 20:48 Quote
jfkusa wrote:
I can't decide between a camber and a stump jumper fsr. For +90% of the riding I do everyday, a stumpy would be overkill. But being in MN there is Spirit Mountain a few hours away and I would love to be able to hit the heavy stuff there next summer. I am currently on a 2012 Santa Cruz Blur XC built with 2014 XT. It has 120f/100r travel. I am running a butcher up front and a purgatory in the rear. Would a stumpy 650b be significantly slower? This is my local trail (I ride that a lot faster though) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dTkGSZC9o this is the expert line at Spirit Mountain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iEDL4GvS4 Do you guys think that i would be better off with a camber or stumpy?
I think you answered your own question in your second statement. Buying a bike based on what you ride 90% of the time makes the most sense in my opinion. The camber looks to be a very capable bike from the amount of guys choosing it over the Stumpy for the Oregon Enduro Series.
I watched the Youtube link you posted and I think a Stumpy would be overkill there.
I ride my 650b Stumpy here https://youtu.be/UX7ieDrNvnU

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 22:20 Quote
jfkusa wrote:

I ride a 650b stumpy in MN. I don't really bother riding much in the cities though. It gets boring as hell with a 160mm bike. I make frequent trips to duluth and its perfect up there at spirit and in the gnarly shit at piedmont and brewer.

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 17:39 Quote
Has anyone found a good washer to replace the taco blade so the spacing is correct?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.316640
Mobile Version of Website