2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Nov 12, 2015 at 21:35 Quote
purexlife wrote:
Has anyone found a good washer to replace the taco blade so the spacing is correct?

I just put 4 very thin washers on mine to get the spacing right. That is before I took it off completely.

IMO, I'd rather have a taco blade running underneath for a bashguard rather than the chain watcher up top. With the N/W chainring, there is almost no need for the chain watcher. Been running a N/W 1x10 setup with a clutch rear der on my Enduro Evo on the mountains and never had any issue with the chain coming off. That's just my 2 cents.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 16:24 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
purexlife wrote:
Has anyone found a good washer to replace the taco blade so the spacing is correct?

I just put 4 very thin washers on mine to get the spacing right. That is before I took it off completely.

IMO, I'd rather have a taco blade running underneath for a bashguard rather than the chain watcher up top. With the N/W chainring, there is almost no need for the chain watcher. Been running a N/W 1x10 setup with a clutch rear der on my Enduro Evo on the mountains and never had any issue with the chain coming off. That's just my 2 cents.

Taco blade doesn't hold a bash guard, nor a upper chainguide. It is for a front derailleur mount.

You can use your ISCG mounts for a bash guard if you wanted one.

Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 17:36 Quote
I have the 2016 S-Works 650b, and it rips!

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 10:54 Quote
bikesatori wrote:
freerider129 wrote:
purexlife wrote:

Taco blade doesn't hold a bash guard, nor a upper chainguide. It is for a front derailleur mount.

You can use your ISCG mounts for a bash guard if you wanted one.

Thought he was talking about the chain watcher that bolts onto the ISCG tabs that comes stock on the Stumpys

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 18:32 Quote
I brought my Stump Humper to the shop to have a pivot bearing replaced and the mechanic installed an alloy spacer and took off my Taco-blade. They must stock the spacers and get them from Specialized, because they didn't charge me for it.

Posted: Nov 17, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
To all experience riders who to help me to select or make a decision?

I am a pretty new to MTB and Looking forward to have good suggestions on buying a good Trail/AM bike can do everything. I'm not going to have a big jump, will stick on the ground.

Short list of bike that I think will be a good choice(budget).

2016 Specialized Stumpy alloy 650B
2016 Giant Trance Ad 2

Myself: 1.88m and 90kg

Cheers

I'm based in New Zealand.

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 10:18 Quote
New to the forum...great site and info. Found it while putting in my order for a 2016 Stumpy Elite 650b- can't wait to see how it rides compared to my complete opposite Fuji 29er hardtail!

Posted: Nov 18, 2015 at 22:44 Quote
crushinit wrote:
New to the forum...great site and info. Found it while putting in my order for a 2016 Stumpy Elite 650b- can't wait to see how it rides compared to my complete opposite Fuji 29er hardtail!

Hey Crushinit, may I ask is there any reason that you've chosen 2016 Stumpy over others? I having really hard time to make the decision between Trance Adv 2 and Stumpy alloy version.

Posted: Nov 19, 2015 at 10:37 Quote
RonZ8 wrote:
crushinit wrote:

Hey Crushinit, may I ask is there any reason that you've chosen 2016 Stumpy over others? I having really hard time to make the decision between Trance Adv 2 and Stumpy alloy version.

I've had my eye on a Stumpy for some time but I went with the Elite because of the upgraded components like the hubs/wheels, pike, and the 1x. I wanted the swat and carbon but for 500 more I couldn't pass up the components.

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
[Quote="freerider129"]
purexlife wrote:

If you have no plans on going 2x again i just cut mine up and made my own washer, its made out of soft aluminium.

Posted: Nov 29, 2015 at 22:28 Quote
Well, got the new ride in today. Decided I have to have some sidewall protection so I went with Maxxis High Roller II in the front and an Ardent in the rear. Also ordered some RaceFace Atlas pedals I'll be installing tomorrow. Can't wait to ride tomorrow!

new stumpy

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 23:57 Quote
pmart36 wrote:
Who has ridden it? Is anyone able to provide details on the redesign?

Hi mate. Just bought the 2016 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 650B in lary green. It's the entry level one with the alu frame and it is absolutely awesome. Got it last tues so only done about 5 hrs on sat but I was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

The rear shock has a 'easy set up' or whatever they call it but it's a little soft for my liking so might pump it up a bit but I'm trying it for a few weeks to see if I get used to it. Bottomed the front forks out on some jumps and it didn't bat an eyelid. Seriously capable machine.

The dropper post is a bit squeaky but I think it's just cause it's new.

TL;DR - buy one you won't be disappointed.

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 11:33 Quote
So guys I've been reading all your posts and there are some interesting comments. I currently have a Kona process 153 and I would like to think I ride it pretty hard on everything dh, jumps, trails, big alpine the lot. The Kona has a 65 head angle and comparative chain stays with the stumpy. My questions are these? Does the stumpy feel like it can take a beating? How does it feel with a 160 pike? Is the 67 head angle noticeable? I'm just a bit worried it'll be too steep. Thanks

Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 9:07 Quote
Ok i just got lovely stumpy from my local bike shop but its missing the chain tool in the headset/stem and it also had the multitool under the top tube missing too?
Ihad to argue my case in the shop that i was lead to believe it was meant to be included.on this bike.
They said its only on the top of the range models, but i said check the spec online to see if that is the case...they said no it don't acually say even on the top models if they are included either..i don't see that i should pay extra for these pieces of kit that i was lead to believe where part of what ive already paid for .
Who is right??...mines the dark blue comp carbon 650b model ..they said they'd check with specilized on monday...any of you guys had a similar problem on this particular stumpy model or others...thanks

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 9:10 Quote
I was bummed that the comp carbon camber didn't come with it but then I stuck my multi tool that has a chain tool in the swat box.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.044227
Mobile Version of Website