Do Bike Companies Keep Frame Molds?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Do Bike Companies Keep Frame Molds?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 9, 2015 at 1:02 Quote
I was just wondering if bike companies like Transition keep frame molds for their previous year's frames. If they do keep the molds, do you think that if you paid them extra money they would make a frame from a previous year?

I know this sounds really dumb, but I kind of want to know.

Thanks! Salute

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 13:17 Quote
TJ-downhill wrote:
I was just wondering if bike companies like Transition keep frame molds for their previous year's frames. If they do keep the molds, do you think that if you paid them extra money they would make a frame from a previous year?

I know this sounds really dumb, but I kind of want to know.

Thanks! Salute

Well if we´re talking about molds for carbon frames, it would seem outrageous if companies Transition just threw their old molds out. First of all molds for carbon frames are extremely expensive, and it would just seem plain stupid if they don´t keep them.

But give them a call, they undoubtly have the best answer

- Jacob

O+
Posted: May 18, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
I can't say with any certainty that bike companies would do this, but I've heard of some businesses out in the world that will re make out of production products. Catch is, the ones I've heard of also require you to essentially buy a whole production run of it.

FL
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 17:41 Quote
Yeah, that is what I was thinking, well I guess the best bet is just to call them.

Thanks guys!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008626
Mobile Version of Website