downhill/free ride trail

PB Forum :: Trail Building
downhill/free ride trail
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 10, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
ok so me and my mates have started building a pretty sick downhill/free ride trail! we are about half way down the hill and we rode the section we have built today and well.... it rides like sh*t! Frown at the moment the ground is so soft and wet it is super slippery and you cannot get any speed around the berms and jumps as its just so soft. anyone know how long a trail needs to bed in before it can be ridden?

Posted: May 19, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
Just keep riding it and it will soon feel natural, you will probably have to rebuild some corners. The way I build my DH trails is by building a rough singletrack outline and riding in the corners so they feel natural on the bike, then they can be built to spec.

Posted: May 20, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
We have the same problem, our local spot is heavily made up of clay so the minute it rains it becomes unrideable (well the jumps anyway).
We usually leave stuff a week, then re cover and pat, then repeat until its fast enough to ride properly.
It can be a painful process.

But on the plus side in sunny weeks/periods its solid!

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 7:12 Quote
one of the advantages of having dusty soil to build with Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 5:41 Quote
thanks for the feedback guys! here it is! its riding well just needs a few tweeks and it will be perfect. Going to change the very end section too. we hired an plate compactor and went over the soft areas!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-vc4XebZ4&feature=youtu.be

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 12:14 Quote
its a sick trail just needs a couple more features like at 1:26 and 1:34

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 6:12 Quote
is it near st ives by any chance?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011908
Mobile Version of Website