Fox Van RC 2012 progression

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox Van RC 2012 progression
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 3:09 Quote
Hi everyone!

I have a Demo 8 2013 which is full stock.
Yesterday I took out the Custom Fox Van RC shock to clean it and also to inspect the full movement of the rear part of the frame.
So I put it back to place, but had to take it out, I couldn't adjust the spring preload, it got stuck after a few turns, so I took it out, released the spring, and added a very thin layer of grease on the treads.

So the problem is the following: when I check the rear shock for movement and progression (I jump on the saddle from standing on the pedals) I feel a bit of "too much" compression at the first 1-2 cm of movement.
What I mean is that at first I hit a stronger resistance, and after that the movement is softer than at the beginning of its movement.
Also the sound of the shock working is different, it has more noise than it had before, that is not a problem for me, just I noticed it, but the progression feels strange.
I tried to turn down the compression and also the rebound, no luck, still the same simptome.

Could anyone tell me if this is normal, and I did not notice it before, or something has changed, but I do not see it how it could?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009078
Mobile Version of Website