Newbie help guys

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Newbie help guys
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 31, 2015 at 11:24 Quote
Hey up guys after some advice I ride a 24" dmr drone with dj3 forks but can't jump straight for the life of me every time I take off my arse end comes out etc I used to be really good at jumping when I was younger but stopped riding due to having kids getting married etc I'm 28 now and alot bigger and unfit lol has anyone got any tips or anything might be doing wrong as it's PI##ING me off ha ha

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
It's not the bike, it's not the wheels, it's you. Sorry but that's a very common thing for people who are uncomfortable, learning- relearning whatever...

All you can do is just keep going. Don't worry about tricks at all just concentrate on being relaxed and smooth.

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 13:23 Quote
Cheers mate figured its not the bike but a bad workman always blames his tools eh lol. I think I'm hung up on how I used to ride and throw tricks but alot has changed over 9 years and need to start from the ground up I guess. The bike feels very natural but some times I just take off all rong but other times fine hopefully it will come back to me with practise etc

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
Probably thinking too much. You need to let it become natural again, and that just means riding... Easy to say, I don't ride near enough to be comfortable anymore.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
When taking off from a lip, think about it as though you're doing the first half of a manual in a straight line. Not really a manual though, as you're trying to spring upwards, but the motion is similar. That really helps me, anyway.

Something a little kid at Joyride said after I told him about a line always crash on and about how I got nervous right before it every time..

'If you think its gonna be easy, it's easy...if you think its gonna be hard, its hard'

Words to live by...trust me, you are stopping yourself from boosting properly. Let go

Try practicing manuals until you get what I mean. Most people dont hit lips properly. Bend your kneesfor the entry to the jump and crouch down a bit...when you take off, you dont exactly extend your legs as much as you bring them up with you. Kinda like jumping vertically up a wall (because really, thats what youre doing) Box manuals help a lot with this concept too.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
Cheers guys thanks for the advice Smile

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 19:47 Quote
Or like Matt Hoffman said, you have to know you can do it, or your gonna crash.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009524
Mobile Version of Website