Rockshock XC32 vs Suntour Raidon Xc LO R29

PB Forum :: 29ers
Rockshock XC32 vs Suntour Raidon Xc LO R29
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 20, 2015 at 12:44 Quote
Ok I'm buying a new hardtail soon. I don't want to spend too much money because I'm going to rebuild a lot of the bike anyway and make a nice HT out of it. I've narrowed my choices down to either the Trek Xcal 8 with the Rockshox fork and the Commencal Meta HT with the Suntour fork.

Basically both bikes are pretty equal with the major difference being the front fork and the G2 geometry on the trek is nice. I actually use to own the exact same Trek but got a great deal on a FS trade. Now I want another HT.

Long and short normally I'd go with the Rockshox but wanted to see what others thought. Opinions on either bike, maybe a suggestion for different under 1500? Thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 3:58 Quote
I've got the XC32 on my Kona. Nice enough fork mate but short on travel, depending on what your doing. I mainly ride wet rutty trails here and often find the fork bottoming out especially coming off big drops. But it works well and is uber easy to service. Mines actually the 2013 model but I can't imagine there's much difference in the newer ones.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011721
Mobile Version of Website