Help. Iron horse sunday reducer/bushing cups?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help. Iron horse sunday reducer/bushing cups?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 10:05 Quote
Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody new the sizes of reducer cups i will need for a 2006 iron horse sunday factory.

Ive got a elka stage 5 rear shock that takes standard 1/2 inch bushings.

I just need to know what reducer cups i need.

The bolt running through the top and bottom is 8mm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted: Jun 27, 2015 at 14:59 Quote
06 frames run 23x8 reducers upper and lower, they went to 10mm for 07 onwards

i would recommend getting either old fox steel 3pc pin and collar hardware or rockshox hardware as they have decent sealing to keep crap out of the eyelets, last set of 2pc reducers i put through my sunday lasted half a winters riding, went to sealed 3pc and havent changed them since (going on 2 years)

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 11:13 Quote
But when the shop measured it with a micrometer it was two different sizes for the cups on top and bottom?

There taking ages getting them for me if they will even manage it, i dont know whats holding them up

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 15:07 Quote
They're probably old and worn down, my 06 Sunday's 2pc hardware was completely munched when I got it

Upgraded to 3pc and it was fine

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 18:10 Quote
It wasnt the hardware that the shop measured though. It was the gap where the rear shock goes in the lower link and the gap where the shock goes in the upper small pivot triangle.

Do you mind if i take a picture of it and send you it? U seem to know more about this than i do

Posted: Jun 28, 2015 at 18:34 Quote
how much difference was there? i just pulled the shock from mine and it measures 22.9 top and bottom (with digital calipers)

post up some pics, and maybe get the measurements form the shop you're dealing with.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
So the measurements are for the triangle up top is.... 23.3

And the lower link is.... 22.4

What do i do with that?

Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 0:09 Quote
With a little gentle encouragement, you should get a 23x8 in the lower link, the upper will just compress to fit

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009312
Mobile Version of Website