PLEASE HELP! What DH bike?

PB Forum :: Downhill
PLEASE HELP! What DH bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Hi all. I'm new to Pinkbike and your advice would be most appreciated.

I'm looking to get a new DH bike and just can't decide what's best for me. I've looked at basically everything! I'm buying 2nd hand and have a budget of £1300 maybe a bit more of its worth it. Just can't devide what I want?

I don't want anything to old really.

Any help would be great

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 10:23 Quote
For around that price you can usually pick up something like a 2012-2013 GT Fury or Giant Glory 2. Both bikes have really great reviews, personally I ride a 2014 GT Fury Elite, and I love the bike. I'm sure if you looked around hard enough you could get a 2014 Fury Elite for around your price. When buying used, try not to go below 5 years old, technology and frame design has come a long way in that time period, so keep it around 2011 and above if possible. Now, I'm not saying all bikes older than 5 years old are garbage or anything like that, but when given the opportunity, go for something newer. I'm also pretty sure you could get a Kona for around that price. I know Kona has a really bad stigma here on PinkBike, but from people who have actually ridden them they have actually had pretty nice things to say about them. Your first DH rig is going to be sick no matter what you get, its such a change from any other bike that it feels awesome to smash through those rock gardens.

Good luck with your search, feel free to post your finds on here and I'm sure everyone can lend their advice!

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 10:31 Quote
IanSpackman wrote:
For around that price you can usually pick up something like a 2012-2013 GT Fury or Giant Glory 2. Both bikes have really great reviews, personally I ride a 2014 GT Fury Elite, and I love the bike. I'm sure if you looked around hard enough you could get a 2014 Fury Elite for around your price. When buying used, try not to go below 5 years old, technology and frame design has come a long way in that time period, so keep it around 2011 and above if possible. Now, I'm not saying all bikes older than 5 years old are garbage or anything like that, but when given the opportunity, go for something newer. I'm also pretty sure you could get a Kona for around that price. I know Kona has a really bad stigma here on PinkBike, but from people who have actually ridden them they have actually had pretty nice things to say about them. Your first DH rig is going to be sick no matter what you get, its such a change from any other bike that it feels awesome to smash through those rock gardens.

Good luck with your search, feel free to post your finds on here and I'm sure everyone can lend their advice!

Hi mate. If you could look at my other post I found a few bikes I'm interested in and posted links. Your advice would be appreciated mate?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006798
Mobile Version of Website