Wrist guards

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 Quote
Hi there,

New to this site, just getting back into biking. Is there anybody out there who uses wrist protectors? What should I look for?

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 11:20 Quote
Look at Allsport Dynamics wrist braces. I'll give them a chance if they make one that prevents the wrist from bending downwards. I broke my wrist that way so it is important for me to prevent any further injuries.

Posted: Aug 6, 2015 at 11:06 Quote
661 makes good wrist braces and I like mine so much I still wear them long after I sprained my wrist.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
So 3 weeks ago i ate shit and fractured my distal radius. And i went biking (not mtn biking but still ik its a stupid idea) everyday in the cast. and im just wondering how big of a chance it'll get screwed up. My wrist feels perfectly fine, no pain, and enough strength for a small bunny hop.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:06 Quote
I have the 661 but they are not enough. I guess they will work for sprain wrists. @Dude1005 if the radius is broken, do not do stupid thing. Be careful it is really important to heal properly. My wrist is still way too weak - can't bear anything above 3 pounds and I'm on my third month after surgery. So take your time and you'll be better in a long-term perspective.

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:17 Quote
I already did the stupid thing but i won't anymore. My wrist has no pain right now and do you know if it healed properly?

thanks

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 13:52 Quote
When the x-ray shows that all is well and your doctor/surgeon says it. You'll get another x-ray after a month and then after another one.

Posted: Aug 8, 2015 at 11:34 Quote
Dude1005 wrote:
So 3 weeks ago i ate shit and fractured my distal radius. And i went biking (not mtn biking but still ik its a stupid idea) everyday in the cast. and im just wondering how big of a chance it'll get screwed up. My wrist feels perfectly fine, no pain, and enough strength for a small bunny hop.

I did the same thing with a broken scaphoid. It's never the same, always hurts just a little and never as strong.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.030814
Mobile Version of Website