Riding Norway

PB Forum :: Downhill
Riding Norway
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 5:30 Quote
Hello there,

I'm planning a road-trip through Norway in september with my 4x4, and would love to bring my downhill bike there.
I remember being there in september and seeing most bike parks closed, the season was already over, so I'm wondering if there will still be some places with lifts at that time ?
I'm also ready to push my bike anywhere if there are some nice places to ride all year long, I just don't have any info on the DH/freeride scene in Norway, so if anyone could help me, that would be greatly appreciated !

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 16:17 Quote
Apart from the obvious parks like Hafjell you should Check out Stryn. Contact Fred at Folven camping, they do shuttles and have awesome trails. If you go further north you should take a detour into Sweden and visit Åre, excellent bike park with a big bike scene.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 16:34 Quote
Thanks, I didn't say it in my first post but I'm indeed planning to go North, at least up to Lofoten islands. I didn't plan to go through Sweden as I already traveled that country but Are is not far from the border so I might take a detour !

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 16:57 Quote
Åre is pretty much next to the border, everyone from the Trondheim region rides here. Apart from the bike park you have a few dirt jump areas, three pump tracks, heli biking if you have a bit of extra money and some nice shuttle spots.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
Thanks man, also it seems a good part of the lifts are still open until the end of September, that's great !
In the meantime if anyone has a tip about some freeride spots further North, I'm all ears... Smile

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 3:05 Quote
If you only bring a downhill bike this is your best bets:

Oslo got some ok riding in Frognerseteren, and you take the tram/underground to the top of the mountain. Drammen got an ok bikepark as well, and they keep open late season. Nesbyen got really good trails but requires shuttle, ask some locals in forhand. Hafjell and åre is worth the trip alone. On the way up to åre stop by Oppdal bikepark. There is also Kjerringåsen bike park, I haven't been there yet.. But it looks good.

For the west coast of Norway.. I have no idea what the scene is like, am/enduro riding there is supposed to be good though

-Bengt Leon

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 3:06 Quote
Ps: how is the riding in Stryn?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 5:37 Quote
Thanks, Oppdal seems cool, and it's on my way up North !
At the moment I'm only planning to bring my downhill bike as I'm not sure I'll have room for more, that's why I'm focusing on bike parks ( and also because biking isn't my main goal ), but I might think about also bringing an AM hardtail ...

Posted: Jul 18, 2015 at 14:24 Quote
jissse wrote:
Thanks, I didn't say it in my first post but I'm indeed planning to go North, at least up to Lofoten islands. I didn't plan to go through Sweden as I already traveled that country but Are is not far from the border so I might take a detour !

Åre is scandinavias biggest and best bikepark. If you need guiding, just tell me, I would love to help.

Posted: Jul 19, 2015 at 0:34 Quote
Thanks ! I'm still working a lot to save more cash for the trip, but it looks like I should make it. I'll send a few messages once I'm getting started !

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 3:54 Quote
jissse wrote:
Thanks ! I'm still working a lot to save more cash for the trip, but it looks like I should make it. I'll send a few messages once I'm getting started !

Åre have limited opening days in september, it is open only thursdays to sundays 10-16. On fridays it is open 10-19. Mondays, tuesdays and wednesdays it is closed.

Oppdalbakepark have really been closed all season. They have run the gondola, but sells only singletours, not daypasses. Really expensive.

Hafjell bikepark is open only saturdays and sundays in september.

I really recomend Åre bikepark. Just give me a notice, and i will be your guide, for free ofcourse. Smile

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 4:23 Quote
That's really nice of you !
I've got some problems with my truck at the moment, so I might just travel by plane/train and so on and rent a bike when I'll be there.... I'll keep you updated !

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.091937
Mobile Version of Website