grass seed for dirt jumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
grass seed for dirt jumps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 0:59 Quote
so i was wondering since my jumps are near a stream but the dirt jumps always get dry and crumble if planting grass on the sides of the jump for extra strength would be a good idea

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 3:07 Quote
hell yeah man. do u tarp that will help retain moisture a lot!
photo

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 17:44 Quote
nw27 wrote:
hell yeah man. do u tarp that will help retain moisture a lot!
photo
i did but these kids kept stealing my tarps so i stopped bringing them

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 8:44 Quote
The absolute best erosion control. Spread loose straw out and stomp it in to the sides and top of your jumps (while moist) and it will keep them from eroding in serious downpours. It does not take much. It works great. I form straw into my berms and any erosion prone area on my trails to keep them from eroding. It will keep water from heading in the same direction and creating a rut. It is an ancient form of erosion control for mud homes I thought it must work for jumps and bad trail erosion. I have found no downsides and am surprised this hasn't been a standard.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 19:48 Quote
Accuratehvacr wrote:
The absolute best erosion control. Spread loose straw out and stomp it in to the sides and top of your jumps (while moist) and it will keep them from eroding in serious downpours. It does not take much. It works great. I form straw into my berms and any erosion prone area on my trails to keep them from eroding. It will keep water from heading in the same direction and creating a rut. It is an ancient form of erosion control for mud homes I thought it must work for jumps and bad trail erosion. I have found no downsides and am surprised this hasn't been a standard.

wow man this worked so well i put some on like 8 hours ago and i can already tell how much of o diference it makes because it would crumble with out even riding it so +1 for you

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 7:08 Quote
Accuratehvacr wrote:

That's really cool, thanks for the tip. Gonna have to try it with my trails after a stop at the local pet store Smile .

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046231
Mobile Version of Website