Back on the bike after many years off

PB Forum :: Beginners
Back on the bike after many years off
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 27, 2015 at 20:01 Quote
Hey what's up guys!?

So I'm back into riding for good now. I'm 27 years old and I used to ride an xc mountain bike when I was a teenager hitting single tracks and curb hops. Doing stoppies and wheelies and manuals... Bunny hops and always tried to do fakie outs like the bmx guys but couldn't. Fun times, and then high school ended and I moved from Thailand to providence RI for college, and my second love (skateboarding) took over my traveling life for the next many years until earlier this year when a buddy of mine gave me an old bike. So after riding it for a good 2 months and loving single speed, I decide to get a bike for myself.

I did a good amount of researching (which comprised mainly of lurking in this exact website before making an account). So I ended up with my own street mtb rig. I'm making this thread on my phone so I don't know how to upload pictures but I do have a pic of the bike in my albums.
Dartmoor Cody frame
Dartmoor Bronx fork
NS quantum stem
NS district high rise bars
Flybikes dolmen cranks
Flybikes pedals
Dartmoor euro bb
DMR 9tooth rear hub
NS front hub
Dartmoor spokes and chain
Dartmoor peacock
NS rims
NS Sam pilgrim grips

No brakes but I'm saving up the cash now to change the tires to Kenda small block and replacing the forks to either Marzocchi dj1 or Fox 831.

Will be posting more!!

Btw I never rode BMX. Tried it a few times but it just wasn't my thing. I borrowed a friends bmx back in the day and I double pegged a ledge and rode away after 3 or 4 tries. It's fun but I like to grind on a skateboard more than a bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007709
Mobile Version of Website