post your rc's

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
post your rc's
Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 20:00 Quote
Idoeverything wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Shipping was free, there was only $15 sales tax. My .28 won't fit as is with the pullstart however I'm going to look for some generic motor mounts for buggies so I can mount it upright instead of the 15º bank its on.
I think ofna is the only company that doesn't use an angled motor mount. I'm pretty sure losi and team associated do. Won't a flat mount screw up your gear mesh? You probably already know this but pull starts are such a bitch, I'd just put the money towards a starter box.

I've never had real issues with pullstarts. If the engine is really hard to start I simply loosen the glow plug and it starts much easier, then you just retighten the plug as its running. I managed to get the motor to fit with the angled mount I just placed a bunch of spacers and used longer screws so its still solid and the engine is angled like it is intended.

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 20:19 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Idoeverything wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Shipping was free, there was only $15 sales tax. My .28 won't fit as is with the pullstart however I'm going to look for some generic motor mounts for buggies so I can mount it upright instead of the 15º bank its on.
I think ofna is the only company that doesn't use an angled motor mount. I'm pretty sure losi and team associated do. Won't a flat mount screw up your gear mesh? You probably already know this but pull starts are such a bitch, I'd just put the money towards a starter box.

I've never had real issues with pullstarts. If the engine is really hard to start I simply loosen the glow plug and it starts much easier, then you just retighten the plug as its running. I managed to get the motor to fit with the angled mount I just placed a bunch of spacers and used longer screws so its still solid and the engine is angled like it is intended.
Sweet, sounds like it's gonna be fun as hell. Where are you planning on running it?

Posted: Dec 8, 2013 at 20:45 Quote
Not sure yet, almost wanna make a track

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 7:17 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Not sure yet, almost wanna make a track
We have been wanting to do the same, we have been looking at spots to put one for a few months now. We have built several but they have all been destroyed. It's really hard to find a spot to run nitro because they are so loud.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
I turned my mini pumptrack into a buggy race track.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
Got it put together, started it and worked out all the kinks tuning wise. Motor still runs strong as hell. Now I just need a temp gun to treat my engine nicely and setup the suspension hard because its super loww.
Trf801x w bigblock team orion wasp.28

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 14:59 Quote
How's breaking it in? I was running my revo last night and I couldn't get it started for a good 10 min because it was so cold. I'm gonna need to buy a hot plug for winter.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 15:14 Quote
I didnt really have to break it in, I just returned to factory needle settings and went from there. It had been a while since I had tuned one so I forgot exactly what to look out for as far as when it is too lean or rich. After I immersed myself in tuning tips online I got it to a really good point today. Very limited bogging and quick response, if you need help just let me know. Since its so cold and the air is so dense you may require a bit richer setting.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:08 Quote
It would just be hard starting. Once it got going it was fine. The motor has a good 8 or 9 gallons through it so it's probably getting worn out. I plan on putting a new sleeve and piston in next year, so it will be like new again since I've replaced every part of the motor except the piston/sleeve.lol Thanks for the offer though.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:27 Quote
Yeah I misread that, my bad. I think I'm going to the track in the business park in a little bit.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:29 Quote
Cool. We will have to go this weekend. I have several friends that I go with weekly. Also I went there yesterday and it was all muddy so I didn't run there because I didn't want to screw up their track. It might still be muddy today but I'm not sure. Have you ever heard of CVRC?

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:37 Quote
Damn maybe I will have to check it another time then, thanks for letting me know. And no I've been out of the rc loop for a while.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:42 Quote
We went to CVRC in chula vista a couple weeks back for the first time and it was really fun. We might be going friday or saturday for practice there. If not there we will be at poway.

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:43 Quote
Are they free for practice?

Posted: Dec 9, 2013 at 16:48 Quote
No unfortunately, I think it was 10 bucks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014404
Mobile Version of Website