Building a jump for learning 360s HELP

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Building a jump for learning 360s HELP
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
So me and some mates want to learn to 360 and we're lucky enough to have a set of trails to learn on. What sort of jump would be good for learning and how should I build it. I'm thinking of building a steep step up to flat landing, with maybe a bit of a gap in the middle so we don't catch out rear wheel on anything when we spin in the air. Anyone got an idea of what it should look like, maybe a photo or diagram to base the jump on.

Cheers guys.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
I think a great way to learn 360's is by doing 270's over a hip, alley-oop helps you spin faster.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 9:39 Quote
I've tried that with very little success haha. Every time I spin to the right I hip to the right and crash lol

FL
Posted: Sep 18, 2015 at 16:16 Quote
I've never tried this but my best guess would be to have a landing which is significantly wider than your takeoff, this means you need to worry less about the direction your travelling in the air. You'd want a jump that sends you more upwards than forwards so you have less speed when you land (makes it easier to ride out a bad landing) and you will have more air time. Would probably be easier to do on a single jump rather than one jump in a set of jumps if that makes sense.
As to actually learning to 360 it might be worth learning to 180 bunny hop and then practice doing 180's on a quarter pipe just to get a feel of what its like turning in the air.
Hope this helps man.

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
I think that step-up is the most apt, it's safe and easy for learning 360

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009669
Mobile Version of Website