New wheels and change from 3x10 to 2x11

PB Forum :: 29ers
New wheels and change from 3x10 to 2x11
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 10, 2015 at 3:11 Quote
Well after 5 months off from riding due to back surgery, I have done a few mods to my Orange Gyro Pro....
Ive changed the gear set from 3x10 XT to 2x11 XTR, I'm absolutely loving the ratios, really works well for me and can't believe how precise and instant the shifting is.
I have also had some wheels built by Justridingalong, Ryde Trace Enduro rims with Hope hubs shod in Michelin Wild Rock 2.35 tubeless tyres.
Now I'm 100kg, not very graceful when going DH but can carry some pretty mean speeds! My original wheels were flexing a lot in berms and constantly creaking even after being true'd.
I decided to go with the Ryde as they were the widest rim I could find and by all accounts they're pretty strong too.
Well after an afternoon playing in the Forest of Dean, My initial impression is that these wheels and tyres are an awesome combination and are totally confidence inspiring. I am still playing with pressures but I have plenty of confidence 25psi back 20psi front - I have never had tyre pressures that low before!

www.justridingalong.com were very knowledgeable and helpful when I was asking questions and I would certainly use them again.

The components came from Dave - Bikebitz (on here) and was £50 cheaper than CRC, very helpful bloke and highly recommend his service.

Just thought I'd share!! Cool

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010231
Mobile Version of Website