Crankflips and such.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Crankflips and such.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 11:19 Quote
Lately I've gotten quite interested in the crankflip after having given up on barspins. And realistically they seem to be more attainable for me than the barspin. Well I've been doing them a lot while just rolling around and I've been wanting to do the crankflip with a bunny hop. Bunny hopping is not a problem for me at all, but apart from a no footer and 180 I really don't have anything else. Seeing as how I have a background in skateboarding, I have much better foot coordination than hand coordination due to years of flipping and spinnin a plank of wood with grip tape and wheels aka a useless wooden toy. Basically this foot coordination helped me learn footjam tail whips quite fast, and until I find a good bank spot around I'll wait till I tackle the real tail whip. So that's why I'd rather chase after the crankflip.

So I've been thinking of ways to help me commit to doing a crankflip while bunny hopping. One way I thought of is to pull up the front end as if to manual, and just in the good point before putting the front down, flip the crank with my foot and catch. I'm also thinking of lifting up the back wheel like a nose manual, then before dropping the wheel back down flip the cranks. Then after I'm more comfortable with those to do them while going off a curb and once those are comfortable, finally commit to the hop crankflip. But before all that I gotta get my shin guards.

Those of you who bunny hop crankflip, can you guys possibly give me any advice? I'd do it straight away and skip the baby steps but I'm 27 not 14 anymore and am definitely feeling the crap the older dudes used to complain about when I was a kid. Thanks

....now a crankflip to crankarm grind...totally different story

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
My friend always practices in grass.

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 19:39 Quote
Go get some shin pads (hockey pads are generally very protective and much cheaper than bike stuff) and throw it. You don't have to be moving much just enough to balance and hop. If you can throw them without hopping then you have the basics, with some decent protection you have nothing to lose. A failed hop crank flip at low speed is not going to be that bad with the shin meat protected.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008181
Mobile Version of Website