Fork Recommendations

PB Forum :: 29ers
Fork Recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 8:11 Quote
I am a relatively new rider and just bought my first mtb back in May. I have a specialized hardrock 29" disc and I'm looking for an intermediate air fork to replace the stock suntour XCT 29 coil fork. I'd like a bit higher travel since my current fork has only 80mm of travel. Thanks for the help everyone!

Posted: Sep 14, 2015 at 11:09 Quote
Not that I like to recommend RockShox forks but they've apparently improved loads therefore a SID model would fit the bill relatively well or REBA if it comes in a 100mm setting.

Just make sure the fork dropouts will fit your front wheel i.e. quick release 9mm or 15mm axle.

Posted: Sep 15, 2015 at 6:54 Quote
Just be careful of frame manufacturer recommendations on how much you can go on the travel.
As a rule of thumb an extra 10 - 20 mm is normally ok but some frame builders do not advise going more than 10mm above standard.

I have put a set of Rockshox Pike RCT3 dual air (two travel settings) they are 130mm/150mm yet Orange say max is 120mm.....but I can live with that!! :-)

Posted: Nov 9, 2015 at 15:59 Quote
Hardrocker29 wrote:
I am a relatively new rider and just bought my first mtb back in May. I have a specialized hardrock 29" disc and I'm looking for an intermediate air fork to replace the stock suntour XCT 29 coil fork. I'd like a bit higher travel since my current fork has only 80mm of travel. Thanks for the help everyone!

I have the same bike, and looking for the same thing.
How much travel can i get with out compromising the frame?
Is 120mm to much?

Please and thank you

Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
If you are the original purchaser of the bike, you can contact Nick at Suntour and through their upgrade program get the suntrour Raidon air fork for $185. It has gotten pretty good reviews over on MTBR forums. If you got the bike used, you can go the route I did and get a used one. I ended up with a Rockshox Reba dual air fork for $180. It feels so much better and shaved 2lbs off the front!!! Hopefully its ok to post this link here: http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-corner/if-you-want-upgrade-your-suntour-fork-830657.html

Nicks contact info can be found there.

Posted: Nov 10, 2015 at 15:41 Quote
Qdavison wrote:
If you are the original purchaser of the bike, you can contact Nick at Suntour and through their upgrade program get the suntrour Raidon air fork for $185. It has gotten pretty good reviews over on MTBR forums. If you got the bike used, you can go the route I did and get a used one. I ended up with a Rockshox Reba dual air fork for $180. It feels so much better and shaved 2lbs off the front!!! Hopefully its ok to post this link here: http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-corner/if-you-want-upgrade-your-suntour-fork-830657.html

Nicks contact info can be found there.

Thanks man, i will look in to it

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012085
Mobile Version of Website