How to deal with confidence?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How to deal with confidence?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
So my biking has been going great, get faster, trying harder routes and generally having more fun, until two weeks ago when I came off the bike thus dislocating my shoulder and cracking my helmet, but I got up and walked away with no major issues. My new helmet arrived so I thought great lets get back out and carry on from where I left off..

Unfortunately that hasnt quite worked out the way I imagined it would, I have really been struggling with very simple drop offs and little declines, all I can hear is the little guy in the back of my head telling me "I shouldnt be on the bike", "Im not good enough to be here", "Im going to fall off again".

This has really made me think twice about wanting to get back on my mountain bike again and given the chance today I would have given my bike away, honestly burst and have no idea what I want or need to do next

Posted: Sep 23, 2015 at 17:55 Quote
What you need to focus on positively is that you DID get back on the bike and get back out there despite the crash.

Keep riding and enjoying it. Don't worry about speed or the degree of tech you're riding at the moment. It should be fun so let go of the stress. It'll all come back to ya soon enough once you relax.

It's a rare veteran mtbr who hasn't crashed epically a few times and carries the scars to prove it. They all bounced back and so will you.

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 at 14:09 Quote
^^^ totally correct. Have fun. If the little starts his shit then ride around and continue with the fun. Eventually he will shut up and you'll be back to speed without havin to fight the voice.

Motorcycle track rider speaking from a lot of experience.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010911
Mobile Version of Website