PB Forum :: Downhill
Need help choosing a DH frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2015 at 14:52 Quote
Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my English.

I've recently had surgery due to an ACL injury so I'm been out for a time (and will be for a little more). Before that I've decided to sold my DH frame and wheels, so now I don't have any and need advice for choosing a new weapon.

My last two bikes were the Pivot Phoenix Carbon and a Norco Aurum Carbon, both in 650b. Before that I've been riding a Santa Cruz V10.

I was very happy with the Phoenix but I broke 2 frames in a few months so it's no longer an option. The Norco was great: it's fast and easy to jump with but I found it difficult to make some tricks propperly (like whip or table) and in rough terrain its behaviour is worse than the Phoenix or the V10.

I'm not sure if my problems with the air stuff with the Norco is due to its size. I had a long size frame and I'm 6,1 feet tall. When I bought it I was not so sure if taking it in long or medium size...

So now I have pretty much all the components of the bike except the wheels. All of them are from the Norco, which is somehow important to choose a new frame because some of them may not fit.

The options I have right now in the head are (in order):

Specialized S-Works Demo
Santa Cruz V10
Norco Aurum (maybe in medium size)
Intense M16 Carbon
Mondraker Summum

The thing is that here in Spain I've heard about a lot of Summum carbon frames broken (never seen a carbon one broken in person) so it make the Mondraker a less suitable option.

The V10 is great but not very playful and I don't know but maybe the Intense is the same (?).

The good thing about the Specialized and the Norco is that I'm sure that all the components will fit but I've never tried the new Demo, at least not enough to have an opinion about it.

The use is for hitting bikeparks as soon as I'm fully recovered (in a month or two I hope) and participate in some races (no anything so serious). I want I bike reliable, as light as posible (but reliability is more important to me) and playful.

If you have any other bike suggestion it'll apreciated.

Thank you all in advance!

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Well, I'm currently riding a Demo S-Works and I can tell you; that thing handles amazingly in the air....

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 4:56 Quote
PhotonicOrigin wrote:
Well, I'm currently riding a Demo S-Works and I can tell you; that thing handles amazingly in the air....

Thank you for answering!

I've tryed the S-Works for a couple of hours and it felt amazing! Super easy to jump with it.

Any crack or problem with it? How about support?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008493
Mobile Version of Website