Help my tires

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Help my tires
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 15:17 Quote
Hello,
Themirracorider here and I ride a 2004 mirraco 5star intro with about 900$ of parts in it and I recently spent 80$ on tires I bought a pair of maxxis torch tires. And heavy duty thorn resistent tubes and I was riding at the skat park earlier this month and I popped my tire on the step up and I fixed it by putting in a new tube so then I was riding earlier this week and I popped my tire and blew out my tire again and I wanted to know if I'm running too high of a PSI 4 Park riding I am running 85 psi in front and back and I have a double wall rim in the back please let me know what's going on

Posted: Sep 29, 2015 at 22:58 Quote
What size tires are you running?
Are you getting pinch flats or is the bead blowing out?

It looks like that tire might be made more for racing rather than park. Fairly light construction and Super lightweight dual-ply casing. You might be better served with something designed for street/park use. Go for a wider/stronger tire that can handle good pressure. I think this could help prevent your blowouts and pinch flats.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 23:13 Quote
85 isn't too high inspect your tire and rim interface for sharp edges and re install with talcom powder

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016808
Mobile Version of Website