Never built a trail before help

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Never built a trail before help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 16:04 Quote
I'm new to digging and wondering if I could get a advice on building simple structures like berms, jump ect. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
The way I started building berms is just to get some rocks (big) and put them round a corners then pack soil over them so there completely covered. The rocks will help with the strength over time adm will allow water to pass through the berm without making it soggy wen it rains. Hope this helps.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
Like Ben said, start of with big stuff at the bottom and then when you get nearer to the surface of your feature use looser materials like dirt so it fills in all the cracks

Posted: Nov 1, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
No problem keep us updated! Smile

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
Learning to build features

First I go and scope out where I want the trail to go. Looking for features like big rocks or fallen trees alway's make for cool features.

Then mark those features with something so you can find those later.

Then go through and clear the trail path. (Trees, Brush, Stumps)

Once the trail is laid out, then start making your features

If you are in a area that does not have a lot of good dirt or easy digging dirt, I like to use logs and sticks as jump and berm filler. Rocks work great too but those tend to get heavy after a while depending on the size of the feature.

Here is a video of one of the first trails I started building

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/377260/

Posted: Dec 25, 2015 at 10:43 Quote
for berms, you half dig down, and use that dirt to put on the ground. minimal waste, and it lets you pump down into the ground and the corner.

for jumps, you need to take your time. if you want it finished quick, use stick and logs as a filler, but it wont last as long. if you take your time, just pile dirt, pack it, pile more, pack it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010273
Mobile Version of Website