10 speed cassette 11-36 or 11-42

PB Forum :: 29ers
10 speed cassette 11-36 or 11-42
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 12:57 Quote
It's a little longer I did not measure how much .just brings derailleur down a few mm . More than enough clearance. I have been riding bike up and down my block just now and it feels great very smooth and the 11- 42 is a great range of gears. When I ride in trails at end of week I will post a ride report. All I can say buy the goat link no worries. Oh chain length is 116. Kmc x10 sl gold chain. And switched to fox fork 32 evolution 140mm standard 9mm.

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 at 6:23 Quote
I opted for the 16 tooth chainring as well when I went with this setup as it's a big jump once you remove the cog to put the 40 /42 cog in place. Offers even smoother shifting down low.

Compared to a rad cage this is a much cheaper route and it works.

Posted: Dec 27, 2015 at 11:10 Quote
Ok did my first trail ride on new components . Well the 11-42 10:speed is awesome . Was able to climb areas I could not when it was 11-34. With the goat link shifting was effortless. Positive shifting up and down. Also first time tubless. Wow what a difference ,if have not done it yet do it now. Also going from 100mm fork rock shox to 140mm fox 32 float is just night and day different,Better ! At least for me. My diamond d back recoil feels like a high end bike at half the price.

Posted: Jul 5, 2016 at 14:27 Quote
Resurrecting this thread to ask: Is there a SRAM equivalent of the Goatlink or RADr cage?

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 18:01 Quote
God thanks I found this forum on Pb. I just bought a Sram GX2.1 10speed with a medium cage and when I went to my local bike shop they told me it wouldn't fit with a 11/42sunrace 32 tooth front. Will it be fine or do I have to order a long cage version? As for the installation how and what should I do?

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 16:57 Quote
Lftronic wrote:
God thanks I found this forum on Pb. I just bought a Sram GX2.1 10speed with a medium cage and when I went to my local bike shop they told me it wouldn't fit with a 11/42sunrace 32 tooth front. Will it be fine or do I have to order a long cage version? As for the installation how and what should I do?

The problem won't be the long or medium cage, medium cage has plenty of capacity for 11/42 spread. The problem may be that the GX2.1 may not be designed to handle a 42 tooth low gear (do a bit of googling and you should be able to find out). You can sometimes squeeze it by turning the b-screw all the way in or getting a longer b-screw but if you haven't ordered the cassette yet you may be better off getting the 11-40 to be sure it'll work.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014045
Mobile Version of Website