Reign size - M or L ?

PB Forum :: Giant
Reign size - M or L ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 4:37 Quote
Hi, i'm thinking about buying Reign in next few days. I'm 181cm and my leg is about 85cm.

i'm struggling now between ordering Medium or Large frame.
Medium (with reach=445) is longer than any of my previous frames (last was Spec Enduro Evo Medium reach=430) so it's ok.
Large could be even more stable, however i was riding Mach5.7 once, with a TT=615) and was totally bad (too long) on steep descends (i couldn't put my butt behind a saddle, but maybe it was because of strange STa=71). Reign Medium has TT=620, so it's longer, but STa=73 - so just a little steeper (saddle moved about 3cm forward).

What do you think? What sizes do you have ? Does a large one block you on a very steep descends ? (very slow, technical, not ones with just bombing down Smile )

I know it would be best to test bikes, but i don't have such option (especially you need few hours on a gnarly tracks to test it correctly) and i need a bike for a next week enduro event.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 16, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
i visited giant store today, seated on M and L (however they don't have demo bikes at the moment :/ )
When i sat, Large was ok, but it had quite short handlebar - i think it was about 760mm (it was an employee's bike), so it behaved like a shorter bike.
and then i though, considering a little longer CS=434mm and Reach=458mm, it would be hard to make a slow drop or even do a bunny hop. (with a CS short as 420 and steep STa i would surely go for a reach 450-460, but not in this case)

I'm 5'11'' (181cm), my inseam leg is about 33-34'' (85cm)

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
I went with the size large for my 2015 Giant Reign 2. Happy with the choice for sure. I'm 6 ft tall (don't have exact inseam, but normal would be the guess). The Reign is a long bike, so either size M/L you will notice this (e.g., tight switchbacks etc.) However, the bike descends like a mini Glory, and is stable in the rough stuff. For me a M would have been too small, and I feel the size large was perfect. Hope you made your choice well, and are happily enjoying your new machine, cheers!

Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 16:12 Quote
rizreign wrote:
I went with the size large for my 2015 Giant Reign 2. Happy with the choice for sure. I'm 6 ft tall (don't have exact inseam, but normal would be the guess). The Reign is a long bike, so either size M/L you will notice this (e.g., tight switchbacks etc.) However, the bike descends like a mini Glory, and is stable in the rough stuff. For me a M would have been too small, and I feel the size large was perfect. Hope you made your choice well, and are happily enjoying your new machine, cheers!

YEAH its a long bike difficult for cornering WONDERING why them dont cut That 17 inch chain stay. IAm going to buy a reign in spring, i have a 2012 glory i really like but wishes to see something more playfull

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 10:04 Quote
@myanh: "YEAH its a long bike difficult for cornering WONDERING why them dont cut That 17 inch chain stay. IAm going to buy a reign in spring, i have a 2012 glory i really like but wishes to see something more playfull"

I'm entering my second season on my 2015 Reign 2. I really learned a lot about the bike last year. I feel I have just begun to learn it's capabilities, and have just started to adapt to its geometry etc. As such, I'm excited for this season to say the least. As you note, the tight stuff is where I notice its lenght the most. I think honestly though, someone with better bike handling skills would not have much of an issue though. I'm just not a nose wheelie, or expert with "flicking" a bike about. Despite this, my skill level is well suited to the Reign. I like the extra travel it provides, and for an overall do anything bike, I'm happy with it for sure. I hope you enjoy your Reign when you get it! Cheers!

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:24 Quote
I just bought Reign Advanced 0 in a Large. I am 6', 33.5" inside leg. It fits really well. The bar is 800-mm. Initially felt too wide but it's not now. The bike climbs well, but I am struggling with the 1x11 set up. Coming from years of riding 3x36/11 it's tough on some hills and mountain trials. I am buying a oval 32-tooth chain ring to see if that helps.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.098928
Mobile Version of Website