Opinions please? 2013 Demo 8 1 vs 2013 Trek Session 88...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Opinions please? 2013 Demo 8 1 vs 2013 Trek Session 88...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 14:42 Quote
hi

In the market for a new bike after my status 2 got stolen, have narrowed it down to either a 2103 specialized demo 8i, or a 2013 trek session 88. Both are very good bikes, and assuming they are both in good condition, I was wondering what the pinkbike DH readers would think is better?

I have been riding on and off the last 20 years, the last few years a lot of downhill, I'm not great, but not a beginner either. Average I guess. Would be riding bike parks mainly and hitting a few jumps.

Thanks!

Demo 8 I
http://www.trademe.co.nz/browse/listing.aspx?id=986284612

Session 88
http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/mountain-bikes/downhill/auction-985965846.htm

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 14:56 Quote
Can't really go wrong with either, although the 26 Demo is notorious for being a park/jump slayer (short cs, etc). I'd lean towards the Demo because you are riding mostly, if not completely, park style terrain.

I'm a racer and I just bought a 2016 Session. I work at a shop that sells Treks so I couldn't pass up my pro deal.

Happy trails, and let us know what you decide on!

-BikeEveryDay

Posted: Nov 23, 2015 at 22:26 Quote
BikeEveryDay wrote:
Can't really go wrong with either, although the 26 Demo is notorious for being a park/jump slayer (short cs, etc). I'd lean towards the Demo because you are riding mostly, if not completely, park style terrain.

I'm a racer and I just bought a 2016 Session. I work at a shop that sells Treks so I couldn't pass up my pro deal.

-BikeEveryDay

hey thanks, also considering this one

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycling/mountain-bikes/downhill/auction-986496062.htm

an s-works demo, the extra cost isnt an issue, but this one it a huge distance from me so can't inspect it myself. But i like the color alot better lol

So definitely a Demo, but which one?

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
I have a 2013 s works demo and it's a beast. Def more of a dh tech trail bike then a jump line bike

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 20:10 Quote
I personally wouldn't spend that much on a bike I couldn't see first, but that's just me. Looks good though.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
what's your budget btw

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 14:10 Quote
Mynameisjeff wrote:
what's your budget btw

up to about $5k, the moneys not a problem, but being a finance person I kinda want to get max value for my $ and I'm generally very careful with my spending., so im happy with a $3k bike that's 80% as good as say a $5k bike. My level of riding probably won't ever get past intermediate.

Also the demo 8i I can go look at in person, but the s-works demo I can't - I could get a friend to, but he doesn't know jack about bikes.

Maybe leaning toward the demo 8i.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 19:45 Quote
Are you trying to buy local or take a risk and go eBay. I got my s works for 3500 on eBay and it worked out great. Btw there's a 13' demo 8 with custom forks and wheels on eBay for 3000 if your willing to take the risk

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 13:21 Quote
BikeEveryDay wrote:

-BikeEveryDay

hey man

Ended up going with a new YT industries Tuesday Comp Al!

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 14:34 Quote
Sick dude! Can't go wrong with a brand new bike. Can't wait to see pics of it!

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 16:27 Quote
Nice!!! Have fun rippin and post some pics when she gets in and who doesnt love a brand new bike????

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011133
Mobile Version of Website