Hub help

PB Forum :: Giant
Hub help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 8:48 Quote
Hi All

I have a Giant Trance 4, 2014 & would like to upgrade the hubs but cant work out the size on mine ??

Can you tell me what size I will need to replace the one's on there.

It is running Giant S-XC2 wheels & Giant Tracker Sport hubs at the mo. 27.5 (650b).

Thank you for any help.

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
This bike has a 15mm front and 135 rear. It is unusual to replace the hubs only. If you want to upgrade I would, replace the wheels with some hope pro 2 evo hubs sporting a stans arch X rim rear and a stans flow X rim on the front.

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 10:47 Quote
dorse wrote:
This bike has a 15mm front and 135 rear. It is unusual to replace the hubs only. If you want to upgrade I would, replace the wheels with some hope pro 2 evo hubs sporting a stans arch X rim rear and a stans flow X rim on the front.
Thank you for your help I will have a look around for some wheels.

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 4:36 Quote
YANzzzz wrote:
Hi All

I have a Giant Trance 4, 2014 & would like to upgrade the hubs but cant work out the size on mine ??

It is running Giant S-XC2 wheels & Giant Tracker Sport hubs at the mo. 27.5 (650b).

Thank you for any help.

Changing only hubs on stock wheel is not usual, you should change whole wheelset(s).

I would recommend WTB frequency team i25 (or KOM for more "trail" version) with DT 350 hubs - very solid combination which wont break the bank, in the same range as Stans Flow.

While you are at this, maybe upgrade back wheel to 12x142 (i think you need to change Giant dropouts in the back - ask your Giant dealer, he will know part number).

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
onyxss wrote:
YANzzzz wrote:
Hi All

Thank you for any help.

Changing only hubs on stock wheel is not usual, you should change whole wheelset(s).

I would recommend WTB frequency team i25 (or KOM for more "trail" version) with DT 350 hubs - very solid combination which wont break the bank, in the same range as Stans Flow.

While you are at this, maybe upgrade back wheel to 12x142 (i think you need to change Giant dropouts in the back - ask your Giant dealer, he will know part number).
Thanks for the info.
I have been told about they's wheels
2014 Halo Vapour wheels the front is a 100 x15 & the rear is a 142 x 12
What do you think of they's wheels & I will ask Giant about going to the 142 from the 135.
Thanks for your help.

Posted: Dec 11, 2015 at 6:00 Quote
Don't have experience with those wheels, you have review on https://www.pinkbike.com/news/halo-vapour-6-drive-disc-275-wheelset-review-2014.html
I would prefer DT swiss Star rachet system compared to Halo hub. Vapour is more "XC/trail" oriented like WTB KOM i23 or Stans Arch, i would take them any day over Halo. In UK maybe you can look also - http://www.hopetech.com/product/stans-arch/

Posted: Dec 19, 2015 at 22:53 Quote
Hi

Thanks again for the info.

I have been told that the Halo rear hub is not that good so think I will keep looking.
I have been told about hope wheels sets as well & been told there a good set to go for.

Thanks for you help.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009645
Mobile Version of Website