PB Forum :: 29ers
Inbetween Sizes....another one of those
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2015 at 17:34 Quote
Heya All.

Stuck on sizing.

I am looking at a Kona Process 111 and right inbetween Small and Medium.

Anyone with experience on both sizes have advice on which size to go for?

I am 5'7" (173cm) 145lbs, brown eyes, gemini

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 6:39 Quote
When forced to choose, I think I'd go with smaller for two reasons: Smaller frames give more standover height and are easier to throw around and maneuver in technical situations. Longer seatposts and stems can compensate for a frame that is too small, but a frame that is too big is just too big.

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
I agree ^ but I would really recommend sitting on both sizes and seeing how it feels.

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
what bike are you on now?

compare the stack and reach (amongst some other angles/measurements) with the process.

remember to take into account for stem length and bar width. though i also agree with the above comments about sizing small, you'd want to avoid over-compensating the reach with longer stems. the geomtry of bikes now-a-days is often paired with the appropriate stem length to achieve the bike's ideal ride characteristics.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2015 at 23:48 Quote
Thanks for the responses.

Currently on a medium sized Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt, running a 50mm stem and 780mm handlebars.

Looking at the stack and reach numbers. could really go both ways, small with a 40-50mm stem and a medium with a 30mm stem.

Note, I had a chance to sit on the medium sized process but not a small yet. Medium does feel big, really feel inside the bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010020
Mobile Version of Website