NEW DH BIKE : Peregrine DH 26"

PB Forum :: Downhill
NEW DH BIKE : Peregrine DH 26"
Posted: Dec 15, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
Peregrinebikes wrote:
Tomorrow we are starting the layout for the 6" version. We will probably layout a 26" and a 27.5" version.

Niiiiiiiiiiiice

Posted: Dec 17, 2015 at 14:32 Quote
For those of you following this, we will be releasing the geometry specs, pricing, package deals, etc. on Monday or Tuesday. We have 4 mediums and 1 large frame that are ready.

Posted: Dec 20, 2015 at 8:36 Quote
Man these things look badass!! For sure will keep you guys in mind for my next frame. I like the steel frame too instead of alluminum. Stoked!!

Posted: Dec 21, 2015 at 11:33 Quote
Thaks man! We certainly have not regretted the choice to use steel.

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
Hey guys, here is the geometry, pricing, etc.

HA: 64 degrees
BB height: 451mm / 13.8"
Chainstay: 439.5mm / 17.3"
Reach: Large 417mm / 16.4" Medium: 390 / 15.3"
Wheelbase: Large : 1211/ 47.7" Medium: 1184 / 46.6"

83mm BB standard threaded and 150mm rear end spacing.

Frameset with Shock (Cane Creek DB coil, Marzocchi Moto C2R2) - $2000 + shipping

Frames without a shock - $1600 + shipping

Frames come with a custom chain guide to work with 34t and 36t front gears.

We are setup with Cane Creek, Marzocchi (Fox), Spank and Gravity Cartel, and Hope. We are looking at other companies also.

If you want a headset, we can get the headset you need to run either 1 1/8th or a tapered head tube, and install it for you.

We will put together package deals for those that want things like forks,handlebars, headsets, pedals, wheelsets, stems, etc. They will be the best package deals you will find for the high end stuff you would want to build your frame with.

We guarantee this: You will get a great frame that will work as intended with a pretty good paint job for a DH bike.

We also guarantee the rear suspension will absorb impacts much more effectively than any other bike you have ridden.(unless you are on a Katipo, Zerode, etc :lolSmile

If you are looking for a glossy frame, perfect from the mold, look elsewhere and pay around $3600.

We have 4 mediums, and 1 large frame available now.

PM us or email us at Peregrinebikes@yahoo.com

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 22, 2015 at 21:51 Quote
Get a new one built up! Straight to the sexiest thread it will go

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 1:24 Quote
Great looking frames guys, well done
Couple of questions: Firstly, what size shock do you run into these frames, how much travel does it create, and am I right in assuming they're a 44mm ID headtube

Just want to confirm some minor details for a friend, he's in the market for a new frame and this looks like a serious contender

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 2:29 Quote
The shock size is 8.75 x 2.75. We went this route because there is a bit of a weight difference between that and a 9.5 x 3.0 shock. We pulled the reasoning out of Santa Cruz's book. They ran this size on a V-10 for years up until they went carbon. They stated they never had problems running this size. I believe they switched to the larger size, because everyone else was doing it and they went carbon and dropped frame weight. Read their literature, they have some good info.

We have not experienced any reason to run a larger shock size for the weight.

8.2" travel

Yes it is a 44mm head tube.

Thanks, and let us know!

Posted: Dec 23, 2015 at 2:46 Quote
Looks pretty awesome!

Why the small sizing? The reach on the large is probably close to a medium or small these days.

SC went back to the shorter shock now when they dropped the 10' mode, one reason I as a customer like that everyone uses the 9.5x3 is that it makes buying/selling bikes and frames alot easier. You can keep a spair shock that you can sell with the bike while keeping your nice shock for the next. Who really cares about the minimal weight savings? I can understand if there are space issues on the frame but for soley dropping weight it makes zero sense.

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 12:23 Quote
I am just over 6' 2", the large size feels pretty good to me. Have not had a complaint with customer on the medium size either.

From my experience, usually sell a frame with the shock, so sizing wise we wanted to save a some weight there. Seems like most people do the same.

Didn't know Santa Cruz went back to this size.

Posted: Dec 24, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
Have you experimented with longer? I am at 6' and even on an older V10.4 with 445mm reach I felt it could be a tad longer. Went XXL on the new .6 with 475 reach with a 30 stem for about a 10mm increase from the .4.

I guess the trails you ride might warrant it but the general sizings are quite far from todays standards it seems. Nothing wrong with that as long as you have happy customers, I just think you could get far more business if there was bigger sizes available.

Posted: Dec 25, 2015 at 12:01 Quote
Wow looks so rad!! If I had $2000 I'd scoop one up real quick!! Congrats on taking the dream of building bikes that a lot of people have and making it a reality!! I really hope your business booms for you!!

Posted: Dec 25, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
Finally!

Well done!

Brake arm option?

XL option?

Thanks Smile

(My Current runaround)

photo

Smile

Posted: Dec 25, 2015 at 17:24 Quote
johan90 wrote:
Have you experimented with longer? I am at 6' and even on an older V10.4 with 445mm reach I felt it could be a tad longer. Went XXL on the new .6 with 475 reach with a 30 stem for about a 10mm increase from the .4.

I guess the trails you ride might warrant it but the general sizings are quite far from todays standards it seems. Nothing wrong with that as long as you have happy customers, I just think you could get far more business if there was bigger sizes available.

Thanks for the feed back. One thing to remember, with a high pivot your wheelbase will lengthen during compression at the rear. You want a little shorter reach because you want to be a little more toward the rear because that grows. This helps to keep more centered during riding.

Also, we wanted to keep it a little more nimble/playful versus race only. Although this thing is the stablest bike i have ridden at speed. I run a 50mm stem, and it feels good. Customer sat on mine, he was 5'10, and felt it was a tad long for him and was happy with the medium size.

We are actually in the process of doing a slight design revision after this first run, which will entail slightly longer reaches and an XXL frame size. Also we are doing a layout for a 6" All Mtn version with 26" wheels.

The funny thing is now, this damn industry is going longer, then shorter, big wheels, small wheels, etc. I remember a few years ago, companies had bikes going up in suspension from 120, 130, 140, 150, 160mm. That has settled down somewhat and now they are all over the place with wheel sizes.

We will be posting up a new video next week on a nice rocky trail.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026566
Mobile Version of Website