Giant reign fork offset

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant reign fork offset
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 4, 2016 at 14:17 Quote
Im looking to build a giant reign 1 frame 27.5 and having trouble chosing a fork, the pike that is usually on as stock has a 46mm offset but i was looking at building with a marzocchi 350 that has a 40mm offset or a new yari with a 42mm offset. Will running either of these have an affect on the bike or not really?
Cheers

Posted: Feb 29, 2016 at 14:15 Quote
vaughany21 wrote:
Im looking to build a giant reign 1 frame 27.5 and having trouble chosing a fork, the pike that is usually on as stock has a 46mm offset but i was looking at building with a marzocchi 350 that has a 40mm offset or a new yari with a 42mm offset. Will running either of these have an affect on the bike or not really?
Cheers

I've been curious about this information for a while too since I can't ride the bike to "feel" them out and I've been wanting to upgrade. According to lots of people on the internet... Fork offset/rake affects your head angle, in which affects your slow speed vs high speed stability and control.

Less Offset (i.e. 40mm) = Sluggish steering at slow speeds ,could be bad for tight technical section, stable at high speeds, shorten wheel base of bike,

More Offset (i.e. 46mm) = sharper steering at low speeds, more stable and better for climbing, longer wheel base (makes the bike longer and feel "longer"). Since the bike is longer, I find myself dropping the headset spacer stack so I can lean forward more to keep more weight in the front for even distribution when cornering.

Let me know what you end up doing and let me know how it feels vs the stock 46mm!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.105034
Mobile Version of Website