2015 Specialized Camber Tire clearance

PB Forum :: 29ers
2015 Specialized Camber Tire clearance
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 9, 2016 at 6:26 Quote
I have a 2015 Camber Comp and I just ordered at set of I9 torch wheels for it. They have a 24mm internal width as opposed to the stock wheels having a 21 mm internal width. Now here is my concern. I ordered a 2.35 Hans Dampf for the front and a 2.35 Nobby Nic for the rear. None of my parts have arrived yet, but I was examining the bike today and I am slightly concerned about the 2.35 rear wheel not clearing the chainstays/seatstays.

Has anyone else put these tires on a camber? If so, was it successful?

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 14, 2016 at 12:43 Quote
its older, but i have a 2011 Camber with flow 29" wheels. i think they are 29.1 mm . i run the Hans f/r with no problem. Fork is a recon gold . yes they are tight, and on the wheel from outer tread block to outer tread block they are almost 2.5. I never notice any rubbing though. they do clear the chain and seat stays as well as the fork bridge. I would think the newer cambers might give you a little more to work with . i am also strongly concidering the new camber comp carbon.

Posted: Feb 16, 2016 at 22:00 Quote
This model of camber was one of the few Specialized models for 2015 that came with a 2.1 rear and 2.3 front tire. My guess is that specialized does its homework with the spec and this wasn't a mistake. Regardless of clearance, which I believe will be fine for your scenario, you may want to run a slightly smaller or less grippy tire in the rear to maintain the balance the manufacturer thought to be best. FWIW I had a 2014 camber evo expert, ran the same 2.2 tires front and rear and found the front end broke loose before the rear. I don't know if this was due to the tire or the 120 rs1 fork...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009225
Mobile Version of Website