How am I doing?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
Bit of a weird one this. Due to financial restrictions, I only own one bike at the moment. That bike is a fully top specced 2015 S-WORKS Enduro 650b. I dont drive, so for the past few months I've also been using this bike as my commuter (yes, yes. I know!)

Anyway, my standard tarmac commute to work is exactly 8 miles. Due to the pretty chilly weather in the north of Scotland at this time of year I've been running 2.25 Schwalbe Ice Spiker Pro Evo tyres back and front and have been keeping a fairly consistent 15mph average on each 8 mile run.
There's no denying that an AM bike is hardly suitable for commuter duties, plus the choice of tyres don't exactly help, but do you guys think that's a reasonable speed to be holding considering the circumstances? My best was 17mph average, but that sh*t finished me before my shift even began!

Posted: Jan 22, 2016 at 17:28 Quote
Relative to what, where, and when you're riding it sounds like you're making pretty good time to me, but that opinion and about $3 will buy you a cup of coffee and not much elseWink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007311
Mobile Version of Website