Enduro evo 650b upgrade advice for DH

PB Forum :: Specialized
Enduro evo 650b upgrade advice for DH
  • Next Page
Posted: May 9, 2016 at 10:08 Quote
Mountain-Dalek wrote:
wow... totally gnarly! tup

Cheers dude Smile

I think I might have to upgrade the brakes soon as the standard avid DB5's aren't slowing quick enough. Don't get me wrong they do the job ok but I feel like I could be braking a lot later if they had more stopping power.
The only good thing about not so great brakes is when I misjudge and don't brake early enough Im forced to carry the speed through the corner if I like it or not haha

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
My bike is now on the customers bikes page from where I purchased the shock link Big Grin

http://bikeyoke.mysimplestore.com/p/customer-bikes

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/Monk-e1/1781F2D8-8C21-4309-8115-D52B048903CE_zpspycbqlta.jpg
I took the bike up to PORC at the weekend. The DH runs are pretty awsome up there, bit above my skill TBH. All good fun though especially on the rocks and drops. I had a bit of a spill on a rather large table top. I came off worse than the bike haha there's not a scratch on it. I caught the back of my knee on the corner of the saddle and ended up in a bush somewhere. That'll teach me for trying to go too big too quick lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
Hey bud awesome bike! I'm about to buy an enduro evo myself, was wondering did you have to do anything when it came to changing the forks to dual crowns?, is there only specific dual crown forks you can use or is there a variety also the rear bracket you had to change to fit the change of rear shock where may someone find one of those for sale?

Posted: Jun 20, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
hey bud heres an option im looking for something a bit less than my 2015 650b demo 8 blue and green might consider a trade if your getting into dh more le me know bud im close to porc too

Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 7:07 Quote
MonK-E wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/Monk-e1/1781F2D8-8C21-4309-8115-D52B048903CE_zpspycbqlta.jpg
I took the bike up to PORC at the weekend. The DH runs are pretty awsome up there, bit above my skill TBH. All good fun though especially on the rocks and drops. I had a bit of a spill on a rather large table top. I came off worse than the bike haha there's not a scratch on it. I caught the back of my knee on the corner of the saddle and ended up in a bush somewhere. That'll teach me for trying to go too big too quick lol

Looks like that bike is great fun! I'm really interested in getting an Enduro evo myself, and i was wondering how is the climbing with the dual crown fork?

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 7:29 Quote
Still going hard on the evo?
Just finished my build with fox 40's up front and an ohlins ttx on the rear. Yes its stupid money to throw at a bike, but I agree, its still hasn't changed the ability to climb.
So playful on the down.
If you really want to make it an absolute weapon...
Go to carbon rims. I was blown away at the difference with all the other upgrades

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
Thanks Monk!

Awsome bike ive shredded a lot with it. Heres me on a 2.2m drop Smile

2.2m Drop

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 14:49 Quote
Hey, I have 2013 26' enduro evo and I'm planning on buying a Vivid Air so in researching, I stumbled upon this thread. That's a great build you did, can you tell me rear shock size of your vivid air? eye2eye length and stroke. our stock shocks have same specs, 8.75x2.5 and with same frame travel 180mm. im thinking to get 8.75 vivid which has 70mm stroke instead of 63.5mm on stock. that will be 6.5mm more stroke than on stock shock so i guess that means more rear travel so i thought it'd be better to ask someone who has already done it before buying new shock wrong size Big Grin Thanks Beer

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 9:33 Quote
Mattyway2fatty wrote:
Still going hard on the evo?
Just finished my build with fox 40's up front and an ohlins ttx on the rear. Yes its stupid money to throw at a bike, but I agree, its still hasn't changed the ability to climb.
So playful on the down.
If you really want to make it an absolute weapon...
Go to carbon rims. I was blown away at the difference with all the other upgrades
Did you lower your 40's to 180?

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
Yo! I can get a new enduro evo 650b (frame only) with a van r shock for relativly cheap. Was planinig to build it with yari 180, slx 1x11 etc.
Upgrading the rear shock to something with a pedal platform is out of budget.

So a question for evo 650b owners.

How does it pedal if you compare it to a normal spec enduro or say a yt capra or giant reign.

Was planing on doing 80% climbing on my own power, 20% bike park and the other 10% shuttling (joke obviously)

Posted: Jan 5, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
It's a mini downhill bike so peddling is not it's strong point but . . . . My son won a NAET enduro (pro) on 650b enduro evo so they can be peddled. Go with the Ohlins and 36's.
And shuttling is no joke ! ! !

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 0:46 Quote
sabakvavilashvili wrote:
Hey, I have 2013 26' enduro evo and I'm planning on buying a Vivid Air so in researching, I stumbled upon this thread. That's a great build you did, can you tell me rear shock size of your vivid air? eye2eye length and stroke. our stock shocks have same specs, 8.75x2.5 and with same frame travel 180mm. im thinking to get 8.75 vivid which has 70mm stroke instead of 63.5mm on stock. that will be 6.5mm more stroke than on stock shock so i guess that means more rear travel so i thought it'd be better to ask someone who has already done it before buying new shock wrong size Big Grin Thanks Beer
I have the 216x63 but in not 100% ????

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:17 Quote
MX298 wrote:
It's a mini downhill bike so peddling is not it's strong point but . . . . My son won a NAET enduro (pro) on 650b enduro evo so they can be peddled. Go with the Ohlins and 36's.
And shuttling is no joke ! ! !

He won with an enduro evo ? That's sick I have the 2016 one and want new forks and shock just got a dropper need those two to get it sorted then just wheels gonna be sick !!!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011691
Mobile Version of Website